You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

SCS Basement Unit Repair and Mods

Jeff,
On your new thermostat.....does the thermostat retain the last setting that you had set or does it go to the default setting when you turn the system off?

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

(08-18-2023, 01:28 PM)Latitude 28 Wrote:  Jeff,
On your new thermostat.....does the thermostat retain the last setting that you had set or does it go to the default setting when you turn the system off?
It saves everything, even when you turn the power off. Not sure how long it will save it, if its a battery or if its a memory. 
It can be set up with a schedule, which can be set up on the app or on the thermostat itself.

(08-18-2023, 11:44 AM)hbens Wrote:  Here is a link for the connectors available at Lowe's.
https://www.lowes.com/pl/Alumiconn--Wire...=alumiconn

Nice job on the reconstruction.

Thanks Hank, on both counts.

Jeff LoGiudice
Temple Terrace, Fl
1984 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40
1998 Newell 2000 #490
1986 MCI/TMC 102A3 (sold)

Thanks Jeff that's good information to know since my current tstat does not remember the last setting when power off and back on.

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

(08-10-2023, 06:50 AM)[email protected] Wrote:  So #490 has a list, as all things seem to. The couple of high priority items are tires, steering issues and air conditioning issues, then aqua hot/water heater issues.

So I pulled one of the basement airs out, it’s an SCS dual stage package unit. Found out they are sealed systems with no service ports and you have to pull the entire unit out to service it. Not very service friendly. Pulling the unit was not too difficult, luckily they they are located in a bay and are fairly easy to get to. So I found a burned up control board, and after some research I decided I am going to ditch the entire board and re-wire everything with some relays and a 24vac transformer so I can use a house style thermostat with Wi-Fi capability.

New shoes delivered:

Burned up board

Disconnecting the duct work to get the unit out:

New relays and transformer installed:

Unit almost ready to go back in, notice I made some cut outs in the top to get to the new service ports that are going to be added:
i need to find someone in az to do this to my coach--#395  any ideas anyone ??

Truman,

Can you define “this” with a little more detail? A complete rebuild of the units? Add relays instead of SCS control board? Add ports to measure the refrigerant charge?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )