You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Wooooo, no power and good karma

First, we are in the middle of nowhere, just outside Glenallen AK. Second, I am thinking this isn’t good. 

Within site of our campground, well if you could call it a campground, the coach is just flat, no power. The engine is running but will not rev above 600 rpm. Luckily I can coast into the campground, and idle speed slowly rolls me to our site. Good karma payback for all the folks I have helped on the road this trip. 

No engine codes. No engine lights. Fuel filter is 1/4 way on on the sight glass, so it’s not likely fuel filter is the issue. It’s been climbing pretty steep grades with not a problem. All engine parameters are exactly as they should be. But nothing happens when you press the accelerator. 

Hmm, quick diagnostic. Press High Idle switch. Engine revs. 

A ha, this is a electrical problem. So I tried the Bill Gates software fix. I unplugged the sensor on the accelerator pedal and plugged it back in. Voila, all is good. 

Nevertheless, a new sensor will be waiting at our next stop. Next stop cause the lady at the office says USPS, UPS, and FedEx don’t deliver here. 

I had good karma on this one. 

Posting to amuse you, and to provide some clues if you ever have a similar situation.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I was going to say lack of boost I have experience with that. I will put your info in my memory bank. Thanks

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

Glad it was a quick find. These get harrowing and frustrating when so far from home. I guess a reboot is a good plan as a start. Do you think water from wet shoes might be the culprit? I was thinking of having a spare accelerator sensor aboard. No record of mine being replaced.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

So when a heard of Buffalo is charging, you pull out your decoder ring and poof, all of your earned good karma turned it into a cute little pony!?! 

Glad it was simple qiuick and easy
Thanks for sharing and adding to my spares list
Also glad to hear the Garmin stopped yelling at you!

Arch & Mary Jones
1997 Newell #463
Williamsburg, VA or Gettysburg, PA 
depending on what day it is

I replaced that when 316 wouldn’t rev above 1000 rpm. It ended up being the fuel supply hose collapsing on the inside and blocking fuel. I now carry a spare accelerator potentiometer . And I have installed a fuel pressure gauge on the engine.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Richard, You really must be in the boonies if FedEx doesn't deliver there! Glad it worked out for you guys.

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Richard,
Good thing you reason things out before jumping in. But.......Why didn't you order the sensor to be delivered with one of the Domino's pizzas? I saw a commercial that showed delivery to any gps coordinates!!! The delivery guy just floats in and drops off the pizza (and a sensor in your case). Hahahahahahaha
Bob

Bob & Dottie
Newell 1261 & Jeep Grand Cherokee fulltimers
Past Teton Reliance 45'  5th wheel
Custom Volvo VNL780 tow vehicle
2014 Smart car

(08-11-2023, 10:27 AM)xGE_97 Wrote:  Richard,
Good thing you reason things out before jumping in. But.......Why didn't you order the sensor to be delivered with one of the Domino's pizzas? I saw a commercial that showed delivery to any gps coordinates!!! The delivery guy just floats in and drops off the pizza (and a sensor in your case). Hahahahahahaha
Bob

Lol...as Jack said (cross thread), I soooooo appreciate this group

(08-10-2023, 11:10 AM)Richard Wrote:  First, we are in the middle of nowhere, just outside Glenallen AK. Second, I am thinking this isn’t good. 

Within site of our campground, well if you could call it a campground, the coach is just flat, no power. The engine is running but will not rev above 600 rpm. Luckily I can coast into the campground, and idle speed slowly rolls me to our site. Good karma payback for all the folks I have helped on the road this trip. 

No engine codes. No engine lights. Fuel filter is 1/4 way on on the sight glass, so it’s not likely fuel filter is the issue. It’s been climbing pretty steep grades with not a problem. All engine parameters are exactly as they should be. But nothing happens when you press the accelerator. 

Hmm, quick diagnostic. Press High Idle switch. Engine revs. 

A ha, this is a electrical problem. So I tried the Bill Gates software fix. I unplugged the sensor on the accelerator pedal and plugged it back in. Voila, all is good. 

Nevertheless, a new sensor will be waiting at our next stop. Next stop cause the lady at the office says USPS, UPS, and FedEx don’t deliver here. 

I had good karma on this one. 

Posting to amuse you, and to provide some clues if you ever have a similar situation.

Glad you were able to narrow it down quickly, I am trying to build up as much good Karma as I can for these kinds of issues. 

Off the subject, but do you know about the Wanderlodge member that lives in Kodiak. His name is Larry, never met him but have been watching his YouTube channel and keep in touch that way. 
https://www.youtube.com/@Buoy4AK/videos
Also there is a bus guy I know that has a place in Tok, not sure if he is up there now, he may be in FL.

Jeff LoGiudice
Temple Terrace, Fl
1984 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40
1998 Newell 2000 #490
1986 MCI/TMC 102A3 (sold)

Jeff

I do not. I saw one wanderlodge boondocking in homer. He was not a wog participate.

We are in tok on Tuesday

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )