You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

dump valve assy question

coach 480  obviously newell has a larger dump valve connector in which I have.. Question is is that I would have to leave the compartment door open to drain the tanks. It almost is a 90 degree angle strain out of the valve. Newell sent me a new connector that is like 45 degree angle. If I cut and hook a hose to it it will not go out the port hole in the bottom of the coach. has anyone came up with a solution for this or am I missing something.. We do alot of travel in the winter and dont want to leave a water bay door open.            Thank you.  Im sure Richard has a answer. Pics included

Adam & Dana Mize
coach # 480
1998 45'  2 slides
Detroit Diesel  series 60   turned up to 745 hp  

Adam,

We have pretty much the same valve setup as you have.  I take the end of the hose and pull it up throught the opening and slide the lock ring back in order to get the hose flange to line up with the valve flange.  Then bring the lock ring back to the valve flange and lock it down.

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

What Steve said.

In addition, if you will use a hair dryer or heat gun to warm the end of the hose, it will slide over the attachment piece MUCH easier.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

All of the above is correct. However, never throw anything away as I had to adapt the old and new with new lock ring and seal. It is a tight fit and takes a little maneuvering at each hookup, but works.

Tony Van Helden
2003 Newell #646 2 slide
Tow 2017 Grand Cherokee Trail Hawk
Citroen Charleston  2cv
Spencer, Iowa (summers)
Mesa, Az. (winters)