You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

The super conductor

I'm an electrical guy and electronic technician by trade, many many years ago I heard of the superconductor and followed its research and it is amazing what this would do for our world, imagine being able to supply enough electricity for a small City in a wire the size of a hair! Or defy the laws of gravity and have transportation that is powered my simple small battey going Coast to Coast. Thoughts are endless and truly amazing, the main issue  was it is only operated in extreme negative temperatures something like liquid nitrogen would be able to provide, operating at room temperature would change the world but if this happens as claimed we are in a verge of a technological breakthrough.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

(08-17-2023, 06:53 PM)Jack Houpe Wrote:  I'm an electrical guy and electronic technician by trade, many many years ago I heard of the superconductor and followed its research and it is amazing what this would do for our world, imagine being able to supply enough electricity for a small City in a wire the size of a hair! Or defy the laws of gravity and have transportation that is powered my simple small battey going Coast to Coast. Thoughts are endless and truly amazing, the main issue  was it is only operated in extreme negative temperatures something like liquid nitrogen would be able to provide, operating at room temperature would change the world but if this happens as claimed we are in a verge of a technological breakthrough.
Superconductors are pretty cool, literally!! I am sure there are things in the works with superconductors, will be exciting to see what they come up with.

Jeff LoGiudice
Temple Terrace, Fl
1984 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40
1998 Newell 2000 #490
1986 MCI/TMC 102A3 (sold)

Imagine a 40 kw alternator the size of a basketball that could run a week just off inertia of a rotating magnetic field in the center of spherical stationary armature.

I have heard mixed comments that it has happened at room temperature with a new compound. May not happen in my lifetime but I hope it will.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas