You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

A/C expansion valve

Coach 647 2003 Newell
Can anyone tell me location of expansion valve for the dash A/C. Had to change compressor and dryer, thougnt i would change expansion valve if i can locate. Newell said it was under driver dash,but i have not found.
Thank you, James Price

On our coach the Expansion valve is located behind the dash at floor level to the right of the gas pedal.  To gain access I had to remove the gas pedal, brake pedal (pedal only not the air valve) the backup camera display, the HWH control panel and passenger speaker to gain access.  Had to reach around by the gas pedal with my left arm and reach through the display opening with my right arm and look through the HWH control opening to replace the valve.  On ours it was doable yours may be a different beast all together.  I learned that Newell raises the whole dash and support it with short lengths of 2x4s.....to gain access on some coaches.  I have not seen that in person though.

https://newellgurus.com/showthread.php?t...sion+valve

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

What he said.

Please flush system or you will be replacing again.

Lots of bandaids required working in that space.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Steve thank you for expansion valve clarification i found mine and there is nothing easy on my Newell.
Thanks again and safe travels.
James Price
Coach 647, 2003,45' 60 series detroit,
Littlerock, AR.