You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Sharp Carousel Microwave Replacement

Not sure if Newell used this type of microwave, just doing a search on here seems like they may have used one similar. Figured this may help if someone has one like this:
https://youtu.be/LKEVXvcyZFw?si=euoUrEN-cRdWkMgK

Jeff LoGiudice
Temple Terrace, Fl
1984 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40
1998 Newell 2000 #490
1986 MCI/TMC 102A3 (sold)

There is a secret to removing the ones that Newell used. The two front screws are obvious because you can see them just over the stove top. But you have to remove the stove vent screen to get to the other one (or two).

Plus, if the microwave just goes dead, but you are sure you have power, there is a glass fuse inside the cover on the circuit board. Of course, it has to come out of the hole, and the cover has to removed to get to it.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(08-26-2023, 04:16 PM)Richard Wrote:  There is a secret to removing the ones that Newell used. The two front screws are obvious because you can see them just over the stove top. But you have to remove the stove vent screen to get to the other one (or two).

Plus, if the microwave just goes dead, but you are sure you have power, there is a glass fuse inside the cover on the circuit board. Of course, it has to come out of the hole, and the cover has to removed to get to it.

Yes, I think that sounds like the new one I put in, the screws are behind the vent filters. 

I probably should have mentioned in the video that I checked the fuse. I was hoping this one was just a blown fuse, but opened it up and it burned up the low voltage transformer for the board. With that and all the plastic on this one was very brittle and breaking and there was really no way to secure the key pad back on without trying to repair it, it was falling apart.

Jeff LoGiudice
Temple Terrace, Fl
1998 Newell 2000 #490

Jeff,
Any chance you still have the racks/plate, etc for the inside?? I could really use them!

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

(08-27-2023, 06:16 AM)Wanderman Wrote:  Jeff,
  Any chance you still have the racks/plate, etc for the inside??  I could really use them!
Rick,
Sorry this was a customers coach and I sent the old microwave back with the RV. I suspect it was tossed.

Jeff LoGiudice
Temple Terrace, Fl
1998 Newell 2000 #490

No worries!

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan