You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Ice maker

Hi all.  I was wondering if some of you might be able to give me some pointers on where to begin with this.  I have a U-line ice maker built into the cabinet that is not making ice or cooling.  It appears  to be original from 1986.  I'll be honest, I don't need the ice maker, as I can make ice in the regular freezer portion of the main fridge/freezer.  However, I wouldn't mind a little extra freezer space.  Right now it's not really useful for anything.  I considered pulling it out and putting on a cabinet door, but I already have more storage than I need in the coach.  Can these units be repaired?  I looked online at a replacement unit and they appear to be around $1400.  I'm not sure it's worth spending the $$ on a replacement.  Any input would be appreciated.

Steve

Steve and Linda Burleson 
28 years of RVing
Current RVs: 1986 Newell #125 w/2004 Ram 3500
2006 Keystone Raptor Toyhauler 30' stays at the family farm 
Previous RVs: 1989 Rockwood Driftwood 35' gasser
1978 Georgie Boy 28' 

Steve, in the past I have purchased just the ice making unit on the internet (eBay) and used the rest of the icemaker at a reasonable cost.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

I have more storage than I need.

Then you haven’t taken an extended trip with your bride then.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(08-28-2023, 03:32 PM)Richard Wrote:  I have more storage than I need.

Then you haven’t taken an extended trip with your bride then.

Haha.  It's true.  I'm in the season of life where I am still responsible for taking care of a parent in her 90s who still lives semi-independently.  I leave town for only a few days at a time.  The future of my travel habits is still unclear, as I always enjoy the return home as much as the trip I return from.

Steve and Linda Burleson 
28 years of RVing
Current RVs: 1986 Newell #125 w/2004 Ram 3500
2006 Keystone Raptor Toyhauler 30' stays at the family farm 
Previous RVs: 1989 Rockwood Driftwood 35' gasser
1978 Georgie Boy 28'