You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Looking to buy

New member and my wife and I have been full time for 9 years.  We are looking for a used Newell between the years 2001 to 2004 mid entry.  Please contact me if you are thinking about, or have decided to sell your coach in the next few months.  Thank you.

Sue Fitzgerald & Chris Pinkston
514 Americas Way 6131
Box Elder, South Dakota  57719

Good Morning and welcome Chris, there is one section on the site I wish I had spent a little more time reading before we bought our Newell, we love our coach but could have saved a lot of money, time and labor just reading some of the info here.

Discussion about what to consider on buying a used Newel

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

Thanks for the tip. I will be reading that asap

514 Americas Way 6131

Additional information: 2001 to 2003, with the recent information from the forum I would prefer a coach with basement airs. A mid entry would be preferred, so would a rear bath. Does not have to be a bath and half, as a matter of fact would prefer to not have an additional 1/2 bath. Would like to have a dishwasher. Front salon area, we would prefer to not have the opposing coaches. Possible one or two chairs with a table, desk, between them opposite a couch, or four chairs. Either Carpet, vinyl, or wood flooring is ok with us. Miles are not a concern as long as the maintenance has been completed and can be documented. Interior colors , we are pretty open. $125,000.00 is the top of our budget.

514 Americas Way 6131

Welcome to the group and best wishes on your search. I was lurking in this group and asking questions for quite some time before we finally pulled the trigger on our coach. I knew I wanted a Newell many years ago when I test drove an early 90s model. This group is chock full of great people with decades of knowledge and experience on these coaches, so you've come to the right place. On a side note, in April had a pre-purchase inspection done on a Newell in Tulsa, OK that looked ok from the pics and the salesman couldn't tell me much about it. The cost of the inspection was probably similar to the cost of airfare and a hotel to check.it out myself. Having the inspection done was well worth the money and probably saved me 50k in post-purchase repairs. I moved on and found another Newell to our liking shortly thereafter.

Steve and Linda Burleson 
28 years of RVing
Current RVs: 1986 Newell #125 w/2004 Ram 3500
2006 Keystone Raptor Toyhauler 30' stays at the family farm 
Previous RVs: 1989 Rockwood Driftwood 35' gasser
1978 Georgie Boy 28'