You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Dash air conditioner/ rear camera monitor

I have a question for anyone with possible knowledge. I’ve had coach 695 since December and have only run the dash A/C and heater three times. Two of the times on the return trip back the A/C hasn’t worked and the rear camera monitor that hangs down from the front header doesn’t work at all. It won’t even turn on like if there isn’t any power. The A/C won’t come on nor the defrost/heater. When I change the control knob from air to heat I can hear it change over but there isn’t any fan blow at all. I’ve checked fuses and relays in front storage fuse panel and everything appears to be good. I did take the top dash cover loose to look down in the dash however I don’t know what I’m looking for. Does anyone know what the issue may be. It seem to me maybe a short of some kind. When the air or defrost has run it worked nice with no problems.

Hmmm, it does sound like a lack of electrical motivation.

So, you are saying it worked, then it didn’t, then it does, then it doesn’t.

When you remove the top of the dash can you see the backside of the heat/ac controls? If possible determine if you have power to the backside of the fan control. If you do, then I would replace the switch, If not, then somewhere between the switch and the fuse panel is the culprit.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thanks for response to my issue and question. Yes it comes and goes. I drove down to Zephyrhills to get some work done on Coach and used air dash conditioner all the way there with no issues. The. Three weeks later I brought it home and no dash air or camera monitor. Really weird! Like no power. I’ll take a look and see if I could see back of switch and try to test it make sure it has power etc. October 13th will be heading to California to visit family and on way back stop at Avi Dale, AZ for the NASCAR championship races. Then will be heading back here to Florida and ONRV Resort. Just want to get this going I will need it working for the trip. Thank you.

Would any of the work have possibly impacted the power?

Second, when you said you checked fuses, was that visually or with a meter?

I always leave the door open that the fuse box is mislabeled on my coach. When i have mysterious power issues and I am checking fuses, I put the meter on OHMs with beep. I go down the rows of fuses putting the probes into the small openings on top of the fuse. I have seen people get fooled by visual appearance of fuses.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

I don’t believe the wrepair work had anything to do with the air. I had to new slide seals installed and a body alignment new rivets down both sides of the Coach. As far as fuses yes I did only visually check them. That is a possibility that something mislabeled and I don’t have a tester. I need to get one and I’ll do that test on them. Thank you. I appreciate the help and feedback.

I highly recommend this type meter. You really need a meter that will measure AC and DC current. This one also will test capacitors (handy when troubleshooting AirCon units).

https://www.lowes.com/pd/IDEAL-ID-400-Am...1003236460

https://www.amazon.com/Proster-Auto-Rang...hdGY&psc=1 Many like this on Amazon, just be sure to get both AC and DC capability on the ammeter.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

What Richard said is the way to test the fuses easily without pulling them. If you look at the fuse while it is installed very closely on the end of the fuse where it has the fuse rating like 5 10 20 30 so on you'll see two little pieces of metal one on each side of those numbers those are direct contacts to both sides of the fuse by doing the ohm meter test with the beeper you can hear rather than have to look at the meter. Touch each lead to each side and if it beeps the fuse is good. If it doesn't beat pull the fuse and check it out of the circuit with the ohm meter. I'd be happy to make you a little video if you need it.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

Maybe this will help you.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/7suDT15V7_I

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

Thank you so much I’m going to get the meter hopefully today tomorrow. And do that. I appreciate the help with solving this. I’ll let you know how it goes. All the info is greatly appreciated.

Thank you Richard and Jack. I got the problem fixed. It was a simple i expensive problem. On my fuse panel where the the relays plug in, one of the relays for A/C had dirty contacts. So when tested with light tester it showed power coming in but not going out. So it’s cleaned and working now. Thanks so much.