You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Empty weight and Gvw

I just purchased #465 1997 double slide  In trying to find the empty weight and GVW and other weight information on the coach.Don’t see anything on the driver side or In paperwork

Congrats and welcome aboard
Before I bought 463, the PO had Newell send him a data plate. Ours has one rear 13ft slide, but this will give you some reference 

Go to any truck stop and have your coach weighed on CAT scale, it's only $13 at loves, not sure of price at others.
Super easy, just drive on, sit for a minute til they talk to you over the speaker, then go inside for the printed certified weight. If you really want to go whole hog, do it empty first then reweigh it after filling with fuel. Won't cost you more to reweigh but they'll probably charge you for the fuel Wink
Also keep inind that there are 3 big tanks that should be acounted for, either by math or on the scale.

Enjoy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Arch & Mary Jones
1997 Newell #463
Williamsburg, VA or Gettysburg, PA 
depending on what day it is

I called Newell yesterday not sure who I had on phone .Someone in service acted I was goofy asking . he said we don’t have records that go that far back. I can’t believe that from what I’ve heard about Newell prior to buying this. I’m going to go to a Cat scale this am about ten minutes from home.The coach is pretty much empty other than fuel a blue ox to bar brake buddy torque wrench and some  extra Aquahot parts and filters

Look under the console on the driver's left side. On the wall is where I found my data plate like the one Arch pictured.
My GWV is 55,000. Full of fuel, fresh water, some spare parts the PO left with me, and a suitcase I have about 4,300 # of CCC.

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Toad
We've been RV owners since 2002.
Port Orange, FL. Soon we will travel full time for "a while" Smile

Your GVWR and GAWR's should be the same as #463, although it appears that 465 is a two slide vs a single slide so it would be a little heavier empty. The GVWR on 467, another 2 slide coach is exactly the same as that posted for 463. The actual weight of each coach will be different. Different layouts, different features, different bay layouts so to determine the actual weight of your coach, follow Arch's guidance and get it weighted on a Cat scale or even better, if you can find someone nearby, get it weighed by wheel position. I have had that done at the Newell plant and in Kerrville, TX at Buckhorn Lake RV Resort buy a gentleman who came to the park and weighed it.

I had to document the actual weight to register my coach in Texas as I purchased it in California. I contacted Newell and they faxed me the "Certificate of Origin For A Vehicle" listing the Date of Completion, the VIN, the year model, the GVWR and the 'Shipping Weight". Based on the Certificate of Origin, the weight listed appears to be the dry weight (no fuel, water, wastewater, propane, passengers, etc.) as it rolled off the production line. A full tank of fuel, propane and water for my coach adds 3,775 pounds (yours will be different as mine includes 320 gal diesel, 55 gal of propane, and 185 gals of water including the 20 gal water heater capacity) which when added to the Certificate of Origin weight is very close to the weight I get when I actually weighed my coach on a CAT scale with full propane, fuel and water and empty waste holding tank but no personal belongings and subtracting my personal weight.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com