You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Looking for thoughts on a Newell purchase
Smile 

Would it be wiser to purchase a 2012-2015 Newell Coach, or a newer 2022 Foretravel? I’m not familiar with maintenance issues that can arise with an older (2012-15) Newell.  Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

There is an entire section on this forum discussing things to consider when buying a used Newell. It’s not a short read, but it may be a good investment of time before you spend a dime on any motorhome.

To help you the most, we need to know a little about you such as previous experience with motorhomes, airplanes, or boats. Would you say you had a mechanical or electrical background?

How do you plan to use the coach? Lots of destinations, or stay a while in different places?

High end motorhomes are closer to the space shuttle than they are to a Honda. They require lots of attention and maintenance. The fancier the systems, the more love they require.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

There is a huge difference, IMHO, the earlier Foretravel had their own chassis, 20KW generator, 4 A/C units, etc., while the newer ones have none of that.  Those were factors in our decision.

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

Aren’t the new Foretravel frames made by Spartan or similar? Foretravel no longer makes their own frame/chassis? We had 3 FTs and loved them all but I would not trade our Newell for one at all - we had fiberglass delam problems with each one, even the 4-year old one… Love our Newell

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

I looked for two years before buying our Newell.  We were considering Newell, Liberty, Marathon, and Foretravel (I limited my search to companies still in business),  I toured the Newell and Foretravel factories.  I made a few trips to look at coaches for sale (TX, MI, OK, KS, UT, IA).  Looking was a lot of fun.  We chose a Newell and have been happy with it.  They all had there pros and cons.  One thing that really stood out to me was the size of and view out of the Newell windows.  The Prevost conversions were good too.  I'm tall, and the smaller, lower set windows on all the other brands we looked at including Foretravel, Newmar, Tiffon and Integra severely limited my views, and also had much less headroom.  I know, I know my window fetish is purely an aesthetic thing,, but I never knew I had it until I stepped into a Newell.  Of course at night with the lights on and curtains open that means the neighbors get a better show too!

Doug and Cathy Musick
Coach 370
1994, 45', non-slide
DD60, Allison 741