You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Wires for Brake controller

Maybe I'm being a bit over cautious, but I've let the magic white smoke out of auto electrical before. I posted a couple of pics of what I think are the spare wire bundles that Newell has running from front to back. Any chance someone can take a look at the two pics in my gallery under electrical wires and see if I have the right bundles?

Thanks
john

John and Patti
1991 Newell #255 8V92
2011 Jeep Wrangler
US Army Retired

hi john, for things like this it is easier for all of us if you post the pictures as part of the post. look at the bottom when you make a post and you can see the place to add files/pictures

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

See if I can get this to work,
Thanks
john

Wow, worked and everything, thanks Tom, I'd looked before, but must have just missed that info, not sure how, once I saw where it was, it's plain as day.

John

John and Patti
1991 Newell #255 8V92
2011 Jeep Wrangler
US Army Retired

hi john,

the one in the back is the bundle we are talking about. the one up front is likely it and there might be more as well.

do you know how to find out what wires are the same front and back?

tom

Tom, I'm assuming you have to go off color, is there a way to test?

John

John and Patti
1991 Newell #255 8V92
2011 Jeep Wrangler
US Army Retired

i would use an ohm meter. tie one end of the wire to ground and then on the other end check between the wire and ground. there are many wires of the same color.

tom