You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

question on heaters

OK so I know the 2 scs basement units are heat pumps as well. in my bathroom and in rear closet there are 2 honeywell dial thermostats, as well there are a few in the bay areas to heat the bays. Qustion is are these honeywell systems generate heat from the aquahot or are they electric.?

Adam & Dana Mize
coach # 480
1998 45'  2 slides
Detroit Diesel  series 60   turned up to 745 hp  

First, the SCS units are not heat pumps, unless someone has done extensive modifications.

The Honeywell dial tstats control the Aquahot heat exchangers. The Aquahot can generate heat from both electric and diesel.

The only electric heaters that you will have are in the wet bay and Aquahot bay.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(10-16-2023, 06:23 AM)Richard Wrote:  The Honeywell dial tstats control the Aquahot heat exchangers. The Aquahot can generate heat from both electric and diesel.

The only electric heaters that you will have are in the wet bay and Aquahot bay.
FWIW, Coach 1482 has two electric heaters under the kitchen cabinet using Honeywell dial thermostats.  It also uses Honeywell thermostats in each bathroom and the wet bay for the AquaHot heat exchangers.

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

(10-16-2023, 06:23 AM)Richard Wrote:  First, the SCS units are not heat pumps, unless someone has done extensive modifications.

The Honeywell dial tstats control the Aquahot heat exchangers. The Aquahot can generate heat from both electric and diesel.

ok then another question I figured the scs were heat pumps due to thermosts have heat and cool setting. so do the scs thermostats run the heat from the aquahot as well, Your coach and my coach are like just a few numbers apart. ours seem to be almost the same. And again Thanks

Adam & Dana Mize
coach # 480
1998 45'  2 slides

Yes, the SCS tstats control the heat from the Aquahot registers in the salon and galley.

In my coach I have the Honeywell dial tstats in each bathroom. They control the heat in the bathrooms only.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(10-16-2023, 12:22 PM)Richard Wrote:  Yes, the SCS tstats control the heat from the Aquahot registers in the salon and galley.

In my coach I have the Honeywell dial tstats in each bathroom. They control the heat in the bathrooms only.

Thank you Richard. heading to Missouri for the coachs shake down. Not much of a vacation due to the fact my father in law had a stroke last week. Little chilly up there so geuss Im gonna see if the heaters work correctly. Atleast I will be close to Newell if I have a major issue.

Adam & Dana Mize
coach # 480
1998 45'  2 slides