You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Hydraulic Tank Cap??

I'm not positive of the source, but I'm getting leaking over the top area of my hydraulic tank.  So, I'm starting with the Cap.  I can't find the vendor/part info.

This is the tank:

And here is a closeup of the cap:

Hopefully, someone has some info on it for a 2015 class coach.

I've tied paper towels around the site-glass and get a bit of oil out the vent hole...wouldn't think this is normal and hasn't been a problem before.

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

I think the cap is vented, so leaking out of the cap when the tank overfills is "normal".

If the picture you have, the fluid level is above "full cold". If that picture was taken cold the system is overfilled.

I don't know if there is a way to make other fluid transfer into the hydraulic system. Is it possible that you have just overfilled the tank?

(10-19-2023, 01:50 PM)Gnawrocki1 Wrote:  I think the cap is vented, so leaking out of the cap when the tank overfills is "normal".

If the picture you have, the fluid level is above "full cold".  If that picture was taken cold the system is overfilled.

I don't know if there is a way to make other fluid transfer into the hydraulic system.  Is it possible that you have just overfilled the tank?

Thanks for that input.  Yeah, I thought the exact same thing as you did, regarding the "hot" level.  Each time I've checked, it's been higher than what it should have been.

Oddly enough, nothing has been added over the course of the year or so after service at Newell.  But, with the unreal heat we've been having, maybe it's just expanded a bit too much in the system.

Can't think it's much of a problem, other than making a mess that was never there.  Hmmm.

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

(10-19-2023, 11:49 AM)CaptainGizmo Wrote:  I'm not positive of the source, but I'm getting leaking over the top area of my hydraulic tank.  So, I'm starting with the Cap.  I can't find the vendor/part info.

This is the tank:

And here is a closeup of the cap:

Hopefully, someone has some info on it for a 2015 class coach.

I've tied paper towels around the site-glass and get a bit of oil out the vent hole...wouldn't think this is normal and hasn't been a problem before.
Steve,
Here is an assembly from McMaster Carr....https://www.mcmaster.com/products/hydraulic-tank-caps/ that looks like your cap.

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Thanks for the link, Steve! Gotta love McMaster. When I did a Google image search, an eBay ad came up for like $180. Ha.

Was gonna look at McMaster next and you saved me some searchin.

Still wondering why it just started leaking though before replacing it.

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA