You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Water Filtration

Hello Gurus,
As I continually crawl around the bays of my 1995 Coach # 385 I find more and more things I do not have manuals for, or have questions about.  I was in the water bay checking out the 2 12 volt pumps, shut offs and discovered 2 water filters.  One was a "sanitizing filter" with what  look like a timer on top and a drain thru the bottom of the coach, and the other is a sediment style filter which I found out later searching thru threads on this wonderful site.  At this time I see no other filters like is mentioned in other threads like everpure or THM.  I have ice, and instahot that I would like to rely on. 

Does anyone have the manual for the white canister filter and /or know the procedure for sanitizing it?
Is there a better system that can be added, if it really needs to be?
I see external portable systems used, are these worth it, since the water is still going into your tank?  Are you constantly fighting/sanitizing your system.

All help is appreciated.  Lets hope the filter was changed more recently.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Karl and Lisa G.
Coach #385
Toad - Not ready for that yet Confused

I don't have a manual for the sanitizer, but it is supposed to be operated for a flush cycle periodically. Be careful, if the valve or seals are bad and you run a cycle, it may never close and leak all over your bay. Don't ask me how I know that.

It's a permanent filter. Sort of.

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

Yeah, I had the same filter. Backflushed it per the instructions and it leaked like crazy from then on. It went bye bye soon after.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )