You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Six Pack Check Valves

Been working through the rear of our coach drooping to the left and settling down.  Changed airbags, changed height control valves, crawled around under the coach with soap solution and rebuilt the six packs with Tom's rebuild kits.  Each bit of work had appreciable incremental improvements.  

The coach still settles down over a period of three or four days.....at least it is even as it settles. 

Now to the next item.  Found a small (external) air leak on the rear six pack top check valve (see picture).  Aired the system down and carefully removed the external brass cap (spring loaded) to investigate the possible repair.  The sealing o-ring under the brass cap is not really rubber.   Its a hard nylon type seal around the brass cap and a trapped o-ring on the sring loaded plunger....would be difficult to replace if you had new seals. Spent some time on the HWH web site looking for some idea on the six pack check valve availability.  could not find our six pack parts break down till I back doored the RAP1940 solenoid search and came up with a Newmar HWH Six Pack manifold not quite the same but close in regards to the functionality.  The parts breakdown has the HWH part number for the check valve RAP6553.  I have ordered a pair of check valves from Northwest RV supply for $19.95 per pair.  Not sure of the internal dynamics of the check valve function but sure couldn't hurt to replace them given the age and will do a follow-up.

.pdf Six Pack.pdf Size: 15.99 KB  Downloads: 7

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Steve take a couple pictures of the check valve and seal when you get them, I would like to save them to my HWH file. Good find on the leak.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

(11-04-2023, 07:27 PM)Latitude 28 Wrote:  Been working through the rear of our coach drooping to the left and settling down.  Changed airbags, changed height control valves, crawled around under the coach with soap solution and rebuilt the six packs with Tom's rebuild kits.  Each bit of work had appreciable incremental improvements.  

The coach still settles down over a period of three or four days.....at least it is even as it settles. 

Now to the next item.  Found a small (external) air leak on the rear six pack top check valve (see picture).  Aired the system down and carefully removed the external brass cap (spring loaded) to investigate the possible repair.  The sealing o-ring under the brass cap is not really rubber.   Its a hard nylon type seal around the brass cap and a trapped o-ring on the sring loaded plunger....would be difficult to replace if you had new seals. Spent some time on the HWH web site looking for some idea on the six pack check valve availability.  could not find our six pack parts break down till I back doored the RAP1940 solenoid search and came up with a Newmar HWH Six Pack manifold not quite the same but close in regards to the functionality.  The parts breakdown has the HWH part number for the check valve RAP6553.  I have ordered a pair of check valves from Northwest RV supply for $19.95 per pair.  Not sure of the internal dynamics of the check valve function but sure couldn't hurt to replace them given the age and will do a follow-up.

Excellent Steve, I was going to suggest that those two caps might be the check valve. I have had mine aired up over night and i am going to see if it has settled this morning. If it has maybe I have the same check valve issue. Thanks for the parts information!

I have been trying to figure out my issues with the keypad not wanting to air up the coach like its supposed to. Yesterday I was able to manually actuate the fill solenoids with my power probe and the rear aired up just fine. So now I know I have an issue somewhere from the control box or wiring. I checked the plugs and they seem to be fine. I am headed into the control box next.

Jeff LoGiudice
Temple Terrace, Fl
1984 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40
1998 Newell 2000 #490
1986 MCI/TMC 102A3 (sold)

(11-05-2023, 06:02 AM)Jack Houpe Wrote:  Steve take a couple pictures of the check valve and seal when you get them, I would like to save them to my HWH file. Good find on the leak.

Jack,
Here is the picture from North West RV supply's web site of the check valve kit.  I will take pictures of what I take out when they get here.

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Thanks for the picture Steve that spring looks skinny weak, I would bet any oil accumulated in the lines could coagulate and cause some sticking.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas