You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

small generator

I replaced the dryer and check valve in the small generator in the front passenger compartment. When I did this, I noticed that the generator sat on a rubber vibration dampener, but was NOT bolted thru to the metal plate that supports it. For those with older coaches, is it supposed to be bolted down, I would think so for safety's sake.

John and Patti
1991 Newell #255 8V92
2011 Jeep Wrangler
US Army Retired

hi john, i am assumming you mean the air compressor and not generator.

that 110v air compressor is likely attached to the floor of the compartment. on my 90, it was a sandwich of two pieces of plastic and a foam in between. the compressor was bolted to the top plate and the bottom plate was bolted to the floor of the bay. on my 02 it has isolation rubber pieces that bolt to the compressor and then down to the floor.

is it totally loose that you can pick it up?

bottom line is it should be secured to the floor of the bay but through some type of vibration isolation.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

here is my 90 and how i did the compressor mount. the compressor is mounted to the top plastic plate with vibration isolationers. then the entire sandwich is mounted to the bottom of the bay

there are lots of ways to do this. not sure i would do it this way again, but the gast compressor is really heavy.

i just copied what newell had done when it was built.

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Yes, I meant the compressor. The compressor is sitting on a wooden plate, which is on top of a rubber or neoprene pad. This sits on top of a metal plate that is welded to the bulkhead wall, about 3/4 of the way up. No, it is not bolted down in any way, will need to add that to my list of things to get done.

Thanks for the info.
John

John and Patti
1991 Newell #255 8V92
2011 Jeep Wrangler
US Army Retired