You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

120v air compressor

I have a 1983 38footer and it has an Emerson 120V aux air compressor.  I am looking for info or manual to see if i can get this unit working..thanks

Welcome to the guru family. Tell us about you and how you ventured into the Newell Classic world. It will help us help you in the future.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

We purchased our 1983 coach about 12 years ago. And primarily used it to have a warm and dry rv for our daughters motocross races. Now I am restoring the unit. To date I have installed new breaks & air bags/shocks.
I pulled the engine 6V 92TA and Leid Diesel service is rebuilding it. I am having difficult finding info on the external mirror s, the on broad factory back up air compressor (Emerson), wiring diagrams would help repairing lights, Window rubber component’s so I can reseal and make them easy to open/close. We are restoring this 83 to travel and explore our great county. This coach is a blast to drive. Thanks for the help

You pulled the engine yourself your in the right place! Welcome and somebody with a classic will chime in.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

I am replacing the main engine air compressor, In addition there is a small flat opposed 2 cylinder aux air compressor in the front left bay below the drivers door. This is the unit I need info on. Thanks

If the air compressor you discovered by the drivers door is 120 volt, it is to maintain the service air ( air bags) with air for leveling when the engine is not running.

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59

Abhhhhh the opposed piston compressor is likely a Gast. You may find it is more financially efficient to replace with modern alternatives than it is to repair.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thanks for the info. Guess I will pull it out, get it on the bench and try to revive the old Gast..

You should be able to get a rebuild kit from Grainger for the Gast compressor.

Not sure how much air you need but Harbor Freight sells an ultra quite model for pennies compared to dollars, Ken next door to us has one and its very quite.

https://www.harborfreight.com/1-gallon-1...64592.html

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas