You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Full repaint

I took my coach to CDI RV paint in Forest City Iowa last month. We will be picking it up on the 22nd and driving back to AZ. Might stop in southwest MO to look at some land but that is up in the air still.
Total cost was 16k and they are doing a phenomenal job based on the pics I have been sent. Marie and I are super excited. New awnings are being made locally by Chester who is also a Newell owner. I am very grateful for his patience with my project.
the last pic I received yesterday as a teaser and I told them not to send more so I can be surprised at the end. They will cut and buff the coach. Super excited!
Here are a few pics.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Thats one heck of a deal Simon, its going to be a show coach.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

(11-10-2023, 09:51 AM)BusNit Wrote:  I took my coach to CDI RV paint in Forest City Iowa last month. We will be picking it up on the 22nd and driving back to AZ. Might stop in southwest MO to look at some land but that is up in the air still.
Total cost was 16k and they are doing a phenomenal job based on the pics I have been sent. Marie and I are super excited. New awnings are being made locally by Chester who is also a Newell owner. I am very grateful for his patience with my project.
the last pic I received yesterday as a teaser and I told them not to send more so I can be surprised at the end. They will cut and buff the coach. Super excited!
Here are a few pics.

It’s looking great, and I am loving the blue color! I am partial to blue anyhow! Looking forward to seeing it fully completed!

Jeff LoGiudice
Temple Terrace, Fl
1984 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40
1998 Newell 2000 #490
1986 MCI/TMC 102A3 (sold)

Nice!

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

Loving the colors. Very similar to 458. Always love it when the exterior is complementary to the interior. Always baffles me when even today that is not the norm.

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

Your killing me Simon, I am fiddling with locks, lights, water systems and such and you are about to have a really nice new looking coach.  Congrats to you, its going to look great.

Karl and Lisa G.
Coach #385
Toad - Not ready for that yet Confused

Simon,

It looks fantastic.

Ken & Karen
2015 Newell (Coach #1517)

Wow, that's pretty sweet!! Looks great and what an awesome price. For example, in 2014, Precision Painting Inc. wanted $15k to paint a 45 foot 5th wheel. That price did not include removal and replacement of awnings, etc or caulking of all the joints. So $16k is a smoking deal, even back then. Enjoy!!

Bob & Dottie
Newell 1261 & Jeep Grand Cherokee fulltimers
Past Teton Reliance 45'  5th wheel
Custom Volvo VNL780 tow vehicle
2014 Smart car

Thank you guys! Karl, I was fiddling with much more when I first got this thing. I mean, I jumped in the next day of ownership and started removing interior bits, replacing burned wiring, upholstery, flooring, appliances, seats, rotted steel under the bays, plumbing, valves, heaters, oil leaks, airbags, shocks, suspension bits, headlights.... Oh, If I keep this up and my wife reads this, I may get cut off! Paint was always on my bucket list. Mexico painters quoted me the same but we never felt safe going there with cash let alone crossing the border. Not our cup of tea. When this company popped up I was reluctant to call them since most of our quotes were in the 30-60k range. There are a few Newells going there for a refresh from what I have been told. They [CDI] started painting Prevost coaches.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

The magic day has arrived! We flew out to Iowa yesterday and picked up the bus. They did a great job on it and we are very happy. It’s not as perfect as a new coach since they are working with an already previously painted and assembled unit. That said, it is quite good for what they had to work with and you would be hard pressed to see any flaws. We had an overnight flight and hadn’t slept for 24 hours. I was planning on grabbing the coach and parking somewhere local to get sleep. Instead I drove down to Joplin and we camped at a Cracker Barrel. Got much needed sleep and went to look at some property in southwestern Missouri. Finished that and drove to Ft worth for the night as we are avoiding mountain passes. I do not think the Jake brake works.
We are having a great time and enjoyed a thanksgiving dinner at of course Cracker Barrel!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312