You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Smile
Hi Newell owners, I'm Woody Woodward, and I have just purchased my first Newell. I have been in a motor home owner for close to 14 years (not full timing) but mostly in the summer months as I live in Florida (South West Coast). While examining the next coach option from my 2016 Entegra Anthem that I purchased new, I was talking motorhomes with Steve (a Newell owner). He skillfully directed my journey to Newell Motorhomes, which I had never considered (for obvious reasons). BTY the Entegra Anthem has been an outstanding coach that I am reluctant to give up. One of the best that I have ever owned, I just wanted to try something different.
Thanks Steve, (who I may identify later) I now own a 2009 Newell #1260 quad slide, front entry, Cat C-15. 
I bought the coach from Mike Phillps from Motor Homes of Texas and he and the dealership were fantastic. I drove the rig from Texas to my home in Florida and had a great trip. No issues!
My first few weeks with my new rig have been over whelming and exciting. Big learning curve, but I love that, my wife, not so much.
Now I am excited to read everything that I can absorb and learn from this distinguished group of experienced Newell owners. 
I might add for a new guy, using this forum is not easy.

Woody Woodward, and Barbara
Newell 2009 #1260 Front entry, quad slide, Bath & a half, Cat C-15, 625 HP.
We have been motor homing since 2010, and have owned 6 motor homes. 
Before that we were boating on the east coast, largely on the ICW.
Big Grin Huh   

Welcome!

Is there something in particular that you find challenging in using the forum?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Welcome , Woody. Jump right into the forum. I think you will adapt over time. The moderators and others here are quite patient and helpful. If you have questions regarding your coach it is always helpful for you to include your coach year , engine type and build number in your signature line.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Welcome! You have a newer coach with all the goodies, valid slides, steerable tag and guessing on the year NO DEF. I use to surf car forums every morning but now its the Newell Gurus and find this is a place where great minds gather and people are down to earth. Search function takes some getting use to and don't forget to subscribe to threads you want to watch including this one. Its at the bottom left of this page.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

Welcome Woody & Barbara. I had looked at the coach you purchased and it is beautiful! Folks on this site are very eager to help and patient with new owners. The site motto is "friends helping friends. Welcome my friend!

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

(11-25-2023, 04:00 PM)[email protected] Wrote:  Smile
Big learning curve, but I love that, my wife, not so much.

Welcome, Woody!

I had to chuckle when I read this line from you; thinking "it's no wonder we get in so much trouble with written communications with Engrisch!"

Hysterically, one...pause and comma outta place...and you could misread this context to say you don't love your wife so much.   Big Grin

Happy humor and smiles as you learn your new coach and forum!

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

One VERY useful tip is how I jump into this forum each day...

I tap on "NEW POSTS" each time which brings up all the new posts since my last visit.

For referencing and finding certain topics you desire, I'd suggest the SEARCH function, and use a good KEYWORD, but more importantly, select ONLY the sections you'd expect to find your KEYWORD.

So, for example, if you needed to find something about your AIR conditioning compressor, use the keyword: COMPRESSOR, but then select ONLY the Technical Discussions: Air Conditioning section!

This'll really help sift out the irrelevant as you explore.

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

Welcome to the forum, Woody! Sounds like you replaced a beautiful coach with another beautiful coach. Obviously Newell owners are biased towards the brand. Sometimes I think Newell is one of the RV world's best kept secrets, as everywhere I go people ask "What is that?"

You're right about the learning curve on a Newell. I am about 7 months in on the ownership of an older and much simpler Newell compared to yours and I experienced the learning curve as well. My wife will take a slower and longer curve as well since she's not as active in flipping the switches and hitting the buttons as I am, but she'll get there with time (both yours and mine).

Entegra is a high end coach as far as production coaches go... what are the most noticeable differences for you in going from your Entegra to your Newell?

Oh and to those above with the helpful hints on using the forum, THANK YOU. I learned a couple of things after being on here for probably 5 years.

Steve and Linda Burleson 
28 years of RVing
Current RVs: 1986 Newell #125 w/2004 Ram 3500
2006 Keystone Raptor Toyhauler 30' stays at the family farm 
Previous RVs: 1989 Rockwood Driftwood 35' gasser
1978 Georgie Boy 28' 

(11-28-2023, 10:13 AM)Burlyman Wrote:  Welcome to the forum, Woody!  Sounds like you replaced a beautiful coach with another beautiful coach.  Obviously Newell owners are biased towards the brand.  Sometimes I think Newell is one of the RV world's best kept secrets, as everywhere I go people ask "What is that?"

You're right about the learning curve on a Newell.  I am about 7 months in on the ownership of an older and much simpler Newell compared to yours and I experienced the learning curve as well.  My wife will take a slower and longer curve as well since she's not as active in flipping the switches and hitting the buttons as I am, but she'll get there with time (both yours and mine).

Entegra is a high end coach as far as production coaches go... what are the most noticeable differences for you in going from your Entegra to your Newell?

Oh and to those above with the helpful hints on using the forum, THANK YOU.  I learned a couple of things after being on here for probably 5 years.

Thanks for the response and encouragement. The big differences between a Newell and Entegra are the physical weight and the feeling of solidness between the manufactures, which is also reflected in the price and life expectancy. However, as a brand new owner of a Newell, I do worry about the complex systems and usually prefer manual systems that are less likely to break and easier to repair. I'm still excited to drive and enjoy this amazing engineering machine.

Woody Woodward, and Barbara
Newell 2009 #1260 Front entry, quad slide, Bath & a half, Cat C-15, 625 HP.
We have been motor homing since 2010, and have owned 6 motor homes. 
Before that we were boating on the east coast, largely on the ICW.
Big Grin Huh   

Welcome Aboard Woody and Barbara!
I echo Steve's comments. I read everything new even if it is for an older or very newer coach.
I'm 3 years into owning ours and I still learn stuff. I think of every repair or upgrade as a learning experience that will help me when I'm on the road.
When you use the search function put the word 'AND' between multiple words in your search. This will bring up results with all the words in your search.

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Toad
We've been RV owners since 2002.
Port Orange, FL. Soon we will travel full time for "a while" Smile