You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Lost vin new camper to me

Hi my name is zack I bought a Newell camper looks to be in the 70’s I would guess the owner had to get a new title for it but the title company can’t find it without the vin # me and the last owner can not find it anywhere? What would be a good place to look? I’m not sure what year it is ether any help is appreciated. I know it’s not much to go on but not sure what to do here.                

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Look on the wall on driver's side near where your feet would be. Also look in passenger side of engine compartment. There may be a placard on the front bulkhead wall. Coach looks to be in fairly good shape from pics.

Hello and welcome, thanks for the pictures!

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

Newell should be able to tell you

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I found where it was on the wall by my feet but seems someone has moved it. Not sure on what to do now?

Most likely a 1977-1980.

The VIN should be on a small plastic woodgrain looking plate mounted on a wall near floor level. Some were mounted near the entry steps inside the coach, others near the drivers seat. Prior to mid 1980 model year, i.e. built before 1/1/1980, it will actually be a Serial Number typically starting with a 3500RE, 3600RE or 3800 based on the length of the coach. In 1980, Newell changed to the federally mandated VIN beginning in 1N9. Most of the Newells built after 1/1/1980 have the rectangular headlights rather than the round headlights. By 1990 Newell was also placing a metal placard in the engine compartment with the VIN on it but I don't remember seeing those on 70' model Newells. If someone has moved it, it could be anywhere.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com