You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Wet carpet

Noticed the carpet between the lower two steps coming into the coach is wet.  Checked both bays on either side and they were dry on walls nearest to step area as well as floor..  There is a black box on the forward wall in bay R4 with what appear to be flex heater hoses coming out of it.  Next step is to tear into the box and see what is going on. Oddity is I cannot find any wet area on the walls of the step.  Thoughts?  Pictures when I can get to the Coach.
Thanks

Brandi and Chris
Coach #636
Hot Springs Village, AR

Take some white paper towels with you. Use them to mop up the wet. You can see if it’s’ green indicating coolant aka Aquahot leak, or just clear indicating water.

You are sort of describing the Aquahot heating unit. Hard to say without pics, and Newell put them in different locations depending upon the model year and the floor plan.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(01-14-2024, 05:50 AM)Richard Wrote:  Take some white paper towels with you. Use them to mop up the wet. You can see if it’s’ green indicating coolant aka Aquahot leak, or just clear indicating water.

You are sort of describing the Aquahot heating unit. Hard to say without pics, and Newell put them in different locations depending upon the model year and the floor plan.
The box I described has 3(4) 3" flexible ducts coming out of it.  I think you may be right as there are a couple of 1" hoses coming from the Aquahot bay R5 across behind the box.  Odd that the floor beneath the box and the hoses are dry.  I will do more investigating when the weather breaks...17* now.  Coach is in heated storage for the next few weeks.

Brandi and Chris
Coach #636
Hot Springs Village, AR

Water is funny that way. It can go a long way sneaking through where we don't expect or see it and show up at your door! Just a drop at a time can add up to a puddle.
Using white paper towels is a good idea for seeing the antifreeze in the water. Usually Richard recommends the blue towels. They scream "HERE IS THE WATER!" when they get wet.

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Toad
We've been RV owners since 2002.
Port Orange, FL. Soon we will travel full time for "a while" Smile