You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Femco "click drain" plug

I bought one of these newfangled gadgets which should make oil changes easier and allow for oil sampling. It comes with an extension hose (not pictured) that presses the plugs plunger as you screw it on. This allows the oil to flow nicely through the hose mess free into your collection vessel. Standard is a 15" hose but I also bought a longer one as an option.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Mess free. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I used to use those on all my vehicles, stopped because the hose always seemed to be pointing at such an angle so as to slop the maximum amount out of the drain pan. I hope your experience varies!

2008 C-15/ZF12
Towing Jeep Gladiator (BluOx/AirForce)

I did buy a longer hose for “above ground” oil changes but the pit changes the game in my case. With filter removal and before the femco thing, I only dropped two drops. Again, I was working comfortably standing up. (Drilled a hole in the filter to drain it first before removal)

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

This is what I used, had these on both 6-71 DD in my boat with a 12v reversible oil pump, all you needed to change the oil was 2 empty 5 gallon oil buckets and fresh oil on hand.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/222617233000?ep...R-Dy4LanYw

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

I had one on my DD60 until this month.

They do no hold up to pushing a tire stop.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1998 Coach 484
1997 Suzuki Sidekick toad. 
Cheers.