You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Buying an older Newell Coach

Is there anyone in the Tucson-Phoenix-Yuma that is good at inspecting the coach I am interested in? A couple years ago I purchased an MCI 102C3 from the Spanos family estate of Alex Spanos (Owner of the then San Diego Chargers) the bus had low miles and great exterior as it was housed indoor and professionally driven and serviced. Unfortunately, I did not have the coach inspected and I ended up having mounds of trouble with the coach. This time around I want to be far more thorough in my pre-purchase inspection of the coach. So, if anyone knows of anyone that is good at inspecting Newell coaches I would be very interested in speaking with them.

Thank you,

Jeff

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Since you found the forum, and you posted in the section about used Newells, it is good practice to read that entire section.

You are buying a 25ish yr old motorhome. It is not reasonable to expect problem free ownership. Your comments about the MCI ownership being a problem raise my eyebrows. You have not told us much about your mechanical and electrical abilities, your patience for repairing bus and motorhome systems, and your intended use. It’s hard to provide guidance without the background.

Inspections are great, so that one knows what is what going into the buy. Even a great inspector can miss something big, and we all know what is perfect today on a Moho, can fail tomorrow.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Jared is mobile and has done lots of work on my 2005. He's really good with chassis 480-299-0207
All Aboard America in Mesa is shop based and works on lots of Newells - Leo is the Man
Mike at Gene's RV would be my third choice and is mobile or shop based in Mesa

2005 Newell coach #717 Detroit Diesel 60 Allison 6 speed "Green Machine"
1988 Newell 40ft tag #165 “Purple Haze”