You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Front slide would not retract

After several months here at Orange Beach AL we started our departure to Cedar Key FL for a couple weeks then home but we got delayed due to the front slide not retracting. This morning I brought in the rear slide first then started on the front and heard the locking pins disengage then the floor dropped as usual but the slide came in about 1/2" then stopped. I could hear the motor loading down but no movement the first thing I thought of was the pump was low on fluid so I checked it and it was low a bit and put a quart into the tank but no change. I then thought of air in the lines but it was loading the pump a great deal so I discussed with Richard some of the trouble shooting I did but really made no progress till he said to open the release on the solenoid valves for extend and retract one at a time which I did but no change but looking at the diagram noticed Room extend flip arm and room retract flip arm not knowing what a flip arm is I manually opened the bypass valve on room extend flip arm and the slide closed 6 inches without the pump on! So I turned on the coach let the seals deflate and hit the retract button and it came in with the solenoid bypassed, I checked every fuse in the system and all of them are good so my question is which switch controls the flip arm solenoid and what is a flip arm? If I had the energy I would be trouble shooting the system but that will come when we get settled into Cedar Key.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

The flip arm manually actuates the solenoid.

Step one, make sure solenoid is getting voltage when called for.

Step two, if it is, then get a new solenoid.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Jack,
Northwest RV Supply is a good source for HWH parts at a good price.

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Thank you both and looks like I'll have a project in Cedar Key.

Gravette, Arkansas

Always deflate the slide seals when working with the solenoids. The room could move enough when the pressure is released to roll the seal if inflated

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Yes very important!

We decided to go home I have more tools and equipment besides weather is better.

Gravette, Arkansas