You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Used Newell Values

The 99 Newell I bought was from MOT. I live in Nacogdoches so it was convenient for me to keep an eye on the coaches they got in. I looked for about 6 or 8 months before finally making a choice. I must say that I waited a little too long and missed several, but in the end happy with what I got.

There is always something that one does not like but can live with. This coach was built for a handicap gentleman. It has a large entry door and I mean large, both wide and tall. My wife and I looked at this coach for about two months before making an offer. We liked everything about it except the door, but decided we could live with it.

It needed front tires and tages but the four drives were 10s. It had new one year old batteries so that is good. The head light lens were bright so I figured it must have been stored inside most of it life. It has new body paint with clear coat and not much rust on chassis. So I felt like it had not been driven in salt. Had 115,000 miles so had been driven. The inside was not abused.

So I made an offer on it. I owned a 02 Foretravel and it was part of the trade. They called the owner and finally agreed with a couple more thousand to be paid. So here I am trying to learn as much about Newells as I can. They are a whole lot different from any coach that I have owned in the past. I do feel that a lot of these older coaches are under priced and will increase or at least hold their value. I plan to put ten to fifteen thousand more into it to bring it up to my standards of what I will like. The beauty of it is that you are putting money into something of quality. Chappell

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Messages In This Thread
Used Newell Values - by encantotom - 05-12-2013, 01:48 PM
RE: Used Newell Values - by bikestuff - 05-12-2013, 02:09 PM
RE: Used Newell Values - by qcj - 05-13-2013, 08:58 AM
RE: Used Newell Values - by rheavn - 05-13-2013, 02:11 PM
RE: Used Newell Values - by kb0zke - 05-16-2013, 07:10 PM