You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Air leak front 6-pack/air horn

Previous owner had capped a larger red air line that I could hear leaking at bottom front driver side right next to the 6-pack. I could see that it apparently had been hooked up to what appeared to be an air horn. When I hooked it back on the horn and tried to air up Coach, it started sounding like a freight train’s horn coming down the tracks. I couldn’t turn it off and the supply air is now staying at 0 psi. ? has anyone found to be in the same predicament? Should I just cap it and be done with it? Appreciate any feedback. Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ole
1996 Newell 45’

You have taken the air supply line that is usually attached to the six pack and hooked it up to the air horn. All the air pressure is going through the horn. Take the red hose off the horn and cap it until you cna find where the air hose is supposed to go. I will look under mine in the morning to see what makes sense

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

There is a manifold on mine above the 6-pack that tee's off to provide air source to the horn. The horn has a 12v solenoid that activates it when you press the steering horn button. On the manifold of mine there is a feed that brings air to the 6-pack.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Ok. I’m an amateur sorry but I wonder how the supply was getting air if that line was capped before? There’s a pretty substantial bundle of airlines and it’s difficult to see above the 6-pack but I’ll try taking a picture with my phone to see if I can find another fitting where it could go. Thank again for your help gentlemen!

Ole
1996 Newell 45’

So I tried sending a video but I guess we are limited on space. I can see a newer blue line that is connected to what I think Simon referred to as horn solenoid and then it goes to air valve. I can’t see where the red line would go unless maybe the blue line is installed wrong.

Ole
1996 Newell 45’

Sorry, not the best pictures but best I could do. When I capped the red line (with screw like I found it)  the coach aired up. All I can figure is that the previous owner’s mechanic installed the blue hose and capped the red supply line for some reason. I know this isn’t the right set up and if someone has a similar set up please let me know . Thanks again

Ole
1996 Newell 45’

I am not able to figure out what is what from your pics.

I think you are in Tampa, if you want to mosey up to Inverness, you are welcome to look at the plumbing on mine.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )