You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Front left of coach dropping in travel mode

Hi Richard,

Answers inline.

Quote:First me thinks you got the wiring reversed in your hot wiring diagnostic. Easy to do.

This condition was present before I touched anything. Nothing had been touched on the six packs in quite a long time now prior to this other than the coach sitting idle for a few months this winter.

Quote:Are you willing to do some diagnostics, because I am having a hard time understanding what you are describing with dropping in travel mode.

I'm not at the coach at the moment, but have been through this a few times now, so this should all be accurate. Caveat for all of these responses. The front six pack is wired normal. The back six pack is wired such that the gray travel mode wires from the HWH are connected to the RAISE solenoids on the 6 pack. This is in order to a) Remove the HCV from the equation and b) prevent the rear from dropping due to the leaky solenoid valve I currently have in the rear.

---

Quote:With the engine running, and the coach in travel mode:
Does the coach come to the proper ride height?
No.

Quote:What pressure do you read on the pressure gauges at the front?

110 PSI on the aux gauge. Brakes at full pressure (110 I think)

Quote:If the coach does not come to the proper ride height please describe what it does.

Rear raises all the way up due to my hotwire. Front right comes to travel height. Front left drops all the way down.

---

Quote:With the engine off, but the key in the on position.
Starting with the coach at ride height.
(I'm starting from raised all the way up, as there's no way to start from proper ride height in the current situation)

Quote:Does the coach stay level? If not describe what happens.
Front left drops all the way down. Front right remains at present level. Rear left drops down due to the leaky valve.

Quote:What happens with the air gauges in the front? Important to comment on all both the brake and supply.

Aux gauge drops due to the leaky valve in the rear. Brakes remain at full pressure (110 PSI, if I remember correctly)

Quote:Do you hear air escaping at any location.

I hear the leaky valve in the rear. And also air escaping in the front as the front left drops.

----

Quote:With the engine running and coach at ride height, place the coach in LEVEL mode, but don’t press any other buttons.

(again, I'll start from raised all the way up as I cannot start from actual travel height)

Quote:Does the coach stay level?

Front remains at its present level. Left rear drops down due to the leaky valve.

Quote:What happens with the air pressure gauges?

Both gauges show full pressure.

Quote:Last data.
Leave the coach in level mode and turn off the ignition.
What happens with the pressure gauges?

Brake gauge stays full, aux gauge drops as air leaks from the rear valve.

Quote:Does the coach stay level.

Front stays at the same level. The rear left continues to drop.

Paul
Coach #540
2000 Double Slide, Bath and a half, Average sized fan for its age
Fulltiming for a while around CO

Messages In This Thread
Front left of coach dropping in travel mode - by pestes - 03-03-2024, 11:35 PM
RE: Front left of coach dropping in travel mode - by Jack Houpe - 03-04-2024, 05:39 AM
RE: Front left of coach dropping in travel mode - by hypoxia - 03-04-2024, 06:39 AM
RE: Front left of coach dropping in travel mode - by pestes - 03-04-2024, 07:30 AM
RE: Front left of coach dropping in travel mode - by hypoxia - 03-04-2024, 08:55 AM
RE: Front left of coach dropping in travel mode - by pestes - 03-04-2024, 09:05 AM
RE: Front left of coach dropping in travel mode - by Richard - 03-04-2024, 01:54 PM
RE: Front left of coach dropping in travel mode - by pestes - 03-04-2024, 02:46 PM
RE: Front left of coach dropping in travel mode - by Richard - 03-04-2024, 06:03 PM
RE: Front left of coach dropping in travel mode - by pestes - 03-04-2024, 06:56 PM
RE: Front left of coach dropping in travel mode - by Richard - 03-05-2024, 06:11 AM
RE: Front left of coach dropping in travel mode - by pestes - 03-05-2024, 06:31 PM
RE: Front left of coach dropping in travel mode - by pestes - 03-05-2024, 11:32 PM
RE: Front left of coach dropping in travel mode - by Richard - 03-06-2024, 05:08 AM
RE: Front left of coach dropping in travel mode - by Richard - 03-06-2024, 05:41 AM
RE: Front left of coach dropping in travel mode - by pestes - 03-06-2024, 11:44 AM
RE: Front left of coach dropping in travel mode - by Richard - 03-06-2024, 05:10 PM
RE: Front left of coach dropping in travel mode - by pestes - 03-08-2024, 12:53 AM
RE: Front left of coach dropping in travel mode - by 360 - 03-08-2024, 10:43 AM
RE: Front left of coach dropping in travel mode - by Richard - 03-08-2024, 03:03 AM
RE: Front left of coach dropping in travel mode - by Jack Houpe - 03-09-2024, 05:17 AM