You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Welded up the HWH slide pin actuator

Found out another gotcha today - use a TIG welder on the slide room if possible - it is VERY easy to burn through the thin-wall tubing with a MIG welder… don’t ask me how I know this!

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

I have a miller 215 with digital display. it can be set for 20 gauge sheet metal. You still have to swirl it very quickly as it can still burn through. Love my welder. Makes me look like a pro of which I'm not.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Yeah, a couple of things. Set the amperage way low, and also set the wire speed low. Practice on some scrap tubing to fine tune. Its easier with gas sheilded than flux core becuase the gas coola the weld a bit. Start with the amps low and gradually bring them up until the wire doesnt stick and you can maintain a short arc. Long arcs create moe heat. You cant do much at the time. You can also stitch weld with plenty of time to cool

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )