You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Generator leaking cooling fluid at engine

Dear All, after starting my generator I found cooling fluid leaking on the driver side of the engine of the generator. I was told that I need to disconnect the cooling fluid hoses from that engine and unbolt, lift the assembly and pull it out 45 degr. To see where the fluid leaks.
The top hose is easy to disconnect, but how to disconnect the lower hose behind the engine.
Can I reach that hose from under the coach between the front wheels?
Has anyone done this job already?
Thanks for Your comment.

Peter and Karolien van Dijk
Newell # 1213 4 slides 2007
Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 2015

Which generator do you have?  On coach 1482 there is an access panel behind the Martin 20Kw generator.  The cover has 4 or 5 screws to remove.  Here's a photo of mine.

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

Hi Jim, its the Power tech. Assume I will be able to reach from behind the firewall ( between the front wheels. Newell told me there may be is an access panel. So I have to go under the coach.

Peter,
I would not go under the coach unless its got solid wood blocks supporting it. If an air line blows, it'll drop. That generator sits on air bags. I've heard of leaks there. Be safe.

Bob & Dottie
Newell 1261 & Jeep Grand Cherokee fulltimers
Past Teton Reliance 45'  5th wheel
Custom Volvo VNL780 tow vehicle
2014 Smart car

(03-19-2024, 09:21 PM)xGE_97 Wrote:  Peter,
I would not go under the coach unless its got solid wood blocks supporting it. If an air line blows, it'll drop. That generator sits on air bags. I've heard of leaks there. Be safe.

Hello Bob and Dottie, thank You for reminding me. As always, when working under the coach even when I do not touch the air suspension lines I will have support like a stand of each 22 tons.
The generator is indeed supported by 4 air bags, but when taking off the air from them, they do not interfere with the air suspension of the coach.