You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

slide seal cross section pictures

after we changed the slide seal on tim's coach i took a small section of the old seal and kept it.  i took these pictures so you can see how it has a piece that snaps into the track on the coach.  

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Interesting! I do not have a slide coach but was curious what these seals looked like. For some reason I thought they were larger.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Good pictures Tom, when we bought the coach I found a complete seal minus the fill hose in one of the bays have thoughts on how to repair it.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

Jack,

FWIW, 2 and half years ago, I had to replace the bedroom slide seal. Meaning I had some seal leftover. Just for grins I cut two small sections and butt spliced them using Loctite 495. I left it out in the Florida sun for over a year. I cannot pull it apart. I have flexed it, mounted it in a vice and pulled as hard as I can. The splice is holding strong.

My point being that getting a clean smooth bonding area and using Loctite 495 may be the answer you are seeking.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

as long as the salon seals are and how you need to smoosh them together.....if a section blew out or was cut, it would have enough room to cut it out and repair it and still have it fit.

if mine goes out again, i will give that a try. at 1200 plus a seal, worth a few bucks of locktite to try....ha

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I agree, if I ever blow one again, I will give patching in a good section a go. Both of my seals failed in the vertical runs that get the most UV exposure. The rest of the seal looked great.

There was a bit of a trick, I cut a small bit of sheet teflon to put inside so the Loctite did not stick together and keep the seal from inflating. I had some of that from an old grill sheet.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I will put this in my memory bank for the next time. Loctite 495

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas