You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

1973 Newell

Hi, my name is Bob I have a 1973 30' Newell with a 390 I motor. It has a Rockwell rear end mod # C100HDX6. the axle shaft in this rear end is broken the part number is 3202-M-2717. Of course, they don't make these anymore.  I'm looking for a used one, or someone who can make a new one. any help would be appreciated.

Dear Bob, Where are you located? Most any competent driveshaft shop should be able to repair it. Try searching for driveshaft or driveline repair.

deg

If you are in Arizona, there is a shop in Mesa. (Mesa Driveshaft) that can make one

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

(03-20-2024, 06:59 AM)dannymarilyn Wrote:  Dear Bob, Where are you located?  Most any competent driveshaft shop should be able to repair it.  Try searching for driveshaft or driveline repair.

deg

(03-20-2024, 06:59 AM)dannymarilyn Wrote:  Dear Bob, Where are you located?  Most any competent driveshaft shop should be able to repair it.  Try searching for driveshaft or driveline repair.

deg

Thank you . It seems no one will repair the old one and I can't find a used one.

(03-20-2024, 08:57 AM)BusNit Wrote:  If you are in Arizona, there is a shop in Mesa. (Mesa Driveshaft) that can make one

Thank you . It seems no one will repair the old one and I can't find a used one.

Dear Bob, You might wish to contact Rockwell and determine what companies Rockwell sold that rear end to and what vehicles used that rear end. Surely there are some salvage yard pieces around, if you can determine what to search for.

Other than that, I'd find a good machine shop that can machine a different axle down to the dimensions of your unit.

Also, where are you located?

Keep us posted.

deg

When dealing with something this old you might have to unfortunately dig deeper in the wallet to have something fitted in from a modern vehicle. Perhaps an axle from a dually Ram truck or the like. it may take some custom work but it will be worth it in the end in terms of parts and serviceability.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Just be aware, that if you choose to repair or have one made, that most axles are shot peened to relieve the stress on the skin of the axle. Otherwise, they don’t last very long.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(03-22-2024, 11:47 AM)dannymarilyn Wrote:  Dear Bob,  You might wish to contact Rockwell and determine what companies Rockwell sold that rear end to and what vehicles used that rear end.  Surely there are some salvage yard pieces around, if you can determine what to search for.

Other than that, I'd find a good machine shop that can machine a different axle down to the dimensions of your unit.

Also, where are you located?

Keep us posted.

deg
I'm located in Nacogdoches TX. I'll try Rockwell again thank you.

(03-20-2024, 08:57 AM)BusNit Wrote:  If you are in Arizona, there is a shop in Mesa. (Mesa Driveshaft) that can make one

Thank you but they said they can't.

(03-22-2024, 12:32 PM)Richard Wrote:  Just be aware, that if you choose to repair or have one made, that most axles are shot peened to relieve the stress on the skin of the axle. Otherwise, they don’t last very long.
Ok thank you.

(03-22-2024, 11:52 AM)BusNit Wrote:  When dealing with something this old you might have to unfortunately dig deeper in the wallet to have something fitted in from a modern vehicle. Perhaps an axle from a dually Ram truck or the like. it may take some custom work but it will be worth it in the end in terms of parts and serviceability.
Ok thank you.