You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thank You Rudy

Aqua Hot unit blew a fuse that controlled the pumps & fans.  Called my friend and in just a minute identified the problem was the heat exchanger fan motor on the basement on my coach.  Disconnected heat exchanger motor and now have heat in coach.  Waiting for new motor which is a VDO PM393.  In 15 years I have replaced this motor 3 or 4 times.

THANK YOU RUDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Steve thats good news but it should be warming up down there now that we left. Smile

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

Steve, you be most welcome.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

Good Morning Steve,
Is there any way you could try mounting the assembly horizontally? Most likely the motor has bronze bushings and with it mounted vertically there would be a side load to the shaft causing a slight drag increasing over time.

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Let me dogpile on Steve’s comment. I was aware that you have had to replace this motor a number of times. This winter, I dug into the same system because the motor was getting slow to start. I found exactly what Steve described, bronze bearings in the motor. They were all gunked up. Even though I had a new motor in the box, for grins I cleaned the old bushings up, put a bit of oil on the shaft, and it’s like new. I elected to reinstall the original rather than than the replacement I bought.

While I was working on mine, I wondered about the chronic failures you have had. I also think the motor is not designed to mount vertically now that I see the picture.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

yea, i have had to replace mine once as well

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I have seen this fan coil in other brand coaches, they are mounted horizontally.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

Mine failed in #458 twice, in '08 and '13, and was mounted horizontally.

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

Where is this fan heat exchanger?

1998 Coach 484
1997 Suzuki Sidekick toad. 
Cheers.  

The back wall of L-3. Have to remove a cover.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531