You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

electrical

My outside temp. gage on the dash has stopped working and I was wandering how to get to it. I removed the 4 screws holding all the gages but doesn't seem to want to come out. My tranmission gage stopped working and had it replaced. This gage is beside it and was working before before I had the other gage replaced. So I hope it is just a loose connection. Thanks for any help. Chappell

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Chappell,
The first thing I would check is the sensor which is mounted under the left front by the air horns. The single wire on mine came loose and just needed to be retightened. If you can't find it I'll post a picture of mine.

Good luck....................

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

is it a digital or analog gauge?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

It is a analog. I will check tomorrow for the wiring. The gage was working the last time out and then the analog tranmission temp. gage was not working, so I had it repaired and then the outside temp. gage stopped working. It seems that when one has something repaired something else stops. That is the reason I wanted to do this myself. It is the next gage over from the tranmission gage. Sooo I am thinking maybe a wire came loose. I don't know the conbination as to getting the dash board out so I can check the back of the gage. Chappell

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

what about just taking the top of the dash off? that will give you access to all the gauges i believe.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

The top of the dashboard is held on by xmas tree style clips. Start at one side and work your fingers under as you lift up. The clips are about 8" apart. The top of the dash is one large piece that goes from the left to the right. Once removed you will have access to the back of the gauges.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Thanks Tom and Steve. That is what I wanted to know. On my Foretravel the top of the dash came off, but I didn't know about the Newell. Makes it a lot easier. Will let you know how I come out. Thanks Chappell

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Took the top of the dash off and found a wire just laying there. Put it back on and the gauge works. I'm new to Newell and did not know how the top would come off. Did't want to force anything without knowing what I was doing. Doesn't come off real easy. Thanks again for the help. Chappell

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot