You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Vintage project

Good afternoon.   It seems my wife has decided we needed a vintage Newell coach.

This is our new to us 1976.  2 previous owners 148k miles on it.  It has been sitting since 2015.  

A quick wash and it looks like most of the grime will clean up on the exterior.

Unfortunately it's going to be a complete gut job as there is a leak in the roof and the floor has some pretty substantial water damage.  

I'm sure I am going to be looking for guidance all over the forums.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

JR and Emily Fairchild 
Ridgebury PA

Classic 1976
Everest_the_Newell
Triple nickel Cummins
Allison auto
And a bunch of unknowns.

it will be fun to watch what you do

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(06-05-2024, 01:21 PM)onefaststang1 Wrote:  Good afternoon.   It seems my wife has decided we needed a vintage Newell coach.

This is our new to us 1976.  2 previous owners 148k miles on it.  It has been sitting since 2015.  

A quick wash and it looks like most of the grime will clean up on the exterior.

Unfortunately it's going to be a complete gut job as there is a leak in the roof and the floor has some pretty substantial water damage.  

I'm sure I am going to be looking for guidance all over the forums.

That looks like a nice project! Keep us posted, we enjoy watching someone else work haha..!!

Jeff LoGiudice
Temple Terrace, Fl
1984 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40
1998 Newell 2000 #490
1986 MCI/TMC 102A3 (sold)

A little tear down progress.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

JR and Emily Fairchild 
Ridgebury PA

Classic 1976
Everest_the_Newell
Triple nickel Cummins
Allison auto
And a bunch of unknowns.

You have an excellent coach to spend your time on. Thanks for joining us. We look forward to living your new adventures vicariously.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Sort of brings back memories. Smile Please post pictures and progress. What area are you from?

1999 45'  #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas
1996 40 XL Prevost Marathon 

Welcome 'Stang! That looks like a very worthy project! I restored a 1978 (555) years ago. I am very interested to follow your progress!

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Welcome !

Was that a WRX hatchback in the picture?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Looks like the linoleum is still in good shape. Newell uses that as a barrier to protect the wood under it.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

(06-06-2024, 06:01 AM)Richard Wrote:  Welcome !

Was that a WRX hatchback in the picture?

No, not a wrx.  My buddies kids car we had to put brakes on it for her.  He is a WRX guy himself though.

JR and Emily Fairchild 
Ridgebury PA

Classic 1976
Everest_the_Newell
Triple nickel Cummins
Allison auto
And a bunch of unknowns.