You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Portable AC

So my front SCS AC isn't working. Might be low on refringent again. I have had it filled once and it was a chore finding anyone to do that work. None the less it is apparently leaking. So I don't feel like repeating that chore over and again. 

So until I can find an installer willing to do the Mr. Cool transplant, I purchased a LG 7000 BTU portable unit. It's a 90F day in full sun and the front room is comfortable. Not chilly but a reasonable 76F. I have it sitting behind the co piolet seat. I routed the exhaust hose out the front side window. I'll get some ridge foam and make an adapter. What comes with the unit is not made for horizontal sliders. 

Works well enough while parked but will prove to be useless while driving. 

Anyway thought I would share this temporary partial solution. It gives me confidents that the 24k Mr. Cool should be well sufficient

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1998 Coach 484
1997 Suzuki Sidekick toad. 
Cheers.  

When we had a problem with our AC’s and resorted to a portable unit, we had real troubles getting the units’ heat output controlled. It cooled very well, but the heat output was massive! We ended up wrapping the exhaust hose with the mylar emergency blankets (found in WalMart) to help retain the heat in the hose as it exhausted out of the coach.

The hose got hot enough you couldn’t keep your hand on it without the blanket wrap.

06 M450LXi 3 slide