You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

02 sighted at bus shop in mesa az

gee, i know it is mine, but i still get excited about it.

yesterday i took her to all aboard america where leo took care of a few things for me. the dash air had been leaking freon and he found a back hose crimp on the front evaporator. fortunately he has the crimping tool to do it. worked good afterwards so far.

we changed the entrance steps.

looked for air leak on the front drivers side airbag, but could not find anything

adjusted the ride height valves. they are a gigantic pain in the neck on mine. i need lots of time and shop air to get them right. they take quite a while to go back and forth.

ended up i had a flat tire on the drive axle inner passenger side. filled it up and took it to jack at redburn tire (truck place) in mesa. great shop and i would highly recommend it. it is where i do all my newell tires. they took it off and dunked it but no leaks. ended up being the valve extension. both the bus shop and this tire shop will not use them. but i have to in order to get the pressure pro sensor on it.

they are not easy to find and i had the local napa order one in for me.

here are a few pictures of the dirty beast. this next week i will spend some time detailing her.

later

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Welcome to the wonderful world of trying to adjust ride height without a pit. Never a quick job. I set aside a day & feel good if I have some time left over. Sure wish I had foreseen the need for an inside pit. I'm thinking about putting in an outside pit.

She is lookin' good...........................

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Adjusting the hcv's was also a pain to me until I found the secret is to level the coach manually below normal height and the put the coach in travel mode. The valves have enough hysteresis in them that if you allow them to settle when the coach is raised up high mine are not very repeatable. I know, I know it doesn't sound like it would make that much difference, but I read about it on the king of road website, and it worked for me

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

my valves are not the fast acting ones like some of you have. they are the barksdale ones. same as they use on the prevosts.

i put all new ones in last year.

leo, my bus mechanic was ready to jump off the roof after trying for some time to get them right.

tom

Tom, I have the flow through sensors on my tires and put the valve extension on the inner tire sensor. That way they aren't pressured up and shouldn't leak.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

all shined up and almost ready to go....

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)