You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

tom and darlenes first trip after retiring

ashley,

here is a picture of it on the center dash panel

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Those are common on racing coaches, but not common for privately owned coaches. I just raise my coach using the HWH touchpad.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Thanks

Rolleyes Ashley Pardue Coach 589

Ashley, what year is your coach, my override is on the left side of the below the seat controls. I have used it twice to raise the coach to maximum to cross a high crown bridge. Don't go far or fast because the coach has on spring.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Tom,

Are you having work done at Newell or just basking in the aura?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

we are just basking. we will go in and say hi to john and a few others in the morning and may pick up a few small parts.

tom

we left beautiful mason city iowa this morning and drove to sioux falls sd today. darlene drove most of the way. she wanted to drive more but i wanted to drive too.

we are parked next to clarke and elaine and todds coach at the fairgrounds. nice grassy spot.

weather is great, friends are great.

tom

well, alot of time has transpired since i posted last on our trip. the rally went great as people have seen from the postings on it.

the thing i have to say about this trip is that it has been an incredible way to ease into retirement. the hockwalds and olivier's have taught us to slow down and enjoy things. not having to be in a rush has been really nice, but it did take some getting used to after nearly 30 years in corporate life being dictated to by a calendar, clock and other people. i gave them a hard time when they would say they only drive 200 miles a day. now after doing it with them for a while, it is really nice. traveling with others is really great too. we visit alot, we have dinner every nite together, we laugh alot and just enjoy each others company.

we are in lethbridge alberta, darlenes hometown and visited some of her family last nite. it is record high temperatures here and because of flooding, the mosquitoes are out patrolling looking for american blood.

we are headed to cochrane this morning to spend a week there. darlenes mom lives nearby and it is near calgary, banff and other cool places. and....jim and gail ellis, some of our fellow gurus are staying at the rv resort we are staying at. it will be good to see them after over a year.

life is good

tom

Tom, we are thoroughly enjoying our travels with you and the Olivier's.........we have had 17 months of a lot of privacy, so it's nice to share the journey with other like minded souls. I can see a real change in you, and while I liked the "old" Tom a lot, I really like the new Tom. No need to worry about us ditching you.....

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

tonite is our last in madden alberta. i have grown fond of this place and loved being here even though most of it was working on the fridge. (new one is working great btw).

wed we venture about 200 miles in the mountains to the columbia ice fields where we will dry camp for a couple of days. it should be fun.

we had another great dinner together tonite. (hockwalds, oliviers and us). no movie night like we had been doing because forest and clarke needed to get their beauty sleep....

here is a picture of our coaches in the middle of the fairways at beavercreekdam golf course

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)