You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

finally figured out why both basement double units are on the drivers side

mine is the only one i have seen anywhere that has both basement double aircon units on the drivers side. one is behind the drivers seat and the other is the 3rd bay (one bay apart) from the other one.

since ours was a race coach and had the covers over the bay doors and passenger side wheels when used for hospitality, they didnt want the aircons making noise or being covered up on that side. so they are both on the drivers side.

mystery solved. if i had thought about it more, i would have figured it out earlier

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Mine is also setup like yours except for the gap between the units. Both of my units are on drivers side. My coach has a "golf cart bay" that is open all the way through so that a mini golf car can be carried along.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Both units on mine are side by side on left side. Like it that way, not as much noise when sitting outside coach. Chappell

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Three of my four units are on the driver's side and the fourth is centered behind the mid entry. I suspect that it is typically done, as several have mentioned, to reduce noise when sitting outside on the passenger side. Mine is noisy for those parked on the drivers side of me. I had my 'neighbor' on that side complain to the RV Park manager that I was running my generator in New Mexico. I had to show the manager that my generator was off and it was my AC units. Actually, my generator is quieter than running multiple AC units.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Michael, I had the same experience one time. I had just come off
Road and the units were all running. Neighbor pitched a fit and finally
Moved. Funny thing is that the units got the coach cool and then shut
Off right after he moved. Go figure!

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

I always wonder what people's expectations are when they decide to go to a campground with spaces close to each other. They must think no one else is going to run an A/C except for them. I was in a campground in Ventura that allowed generators from 7 am to 10 pm each night. I turned mine on around 8 am to run my coffee maker.....just before I was ready to turn it off my neighbor came over all indignant that I was running my generator. I pointed out to him that the campground rules allowed it, and that I had waited an extra hour out of consideration for he and his family, and that it would be off in a few minutes. He was so upset he packed up and left. The only way you get the kind of peace and quiet he was looking forward to is on BLM land.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com