You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

adjustable height question

Does anybody know with what coach number did Newell start putting adjustable height controls on them? I'm slowly working towards an upgrade from my Bird and am strongly considering a Newell. But since I've "drug my butt" Blush a couple of times in the Bird and the Newell appears to sit lower than I already do, that would be a deal breaker for me on any earlier coach.

Thanks for the info!

06 M450LXi 3 slide

basically, any of the coaches you can raise them using the leveling system. others can pipe in, but i beleive that to be the case. some have over rides like mine to make it easier.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I guess I need to clarify the question to indicate the dash mounted switch to raise the coach a couple of inches when you need to clear an obstacle or ground pitch change. Did earlier years have that ability or did it start with later models? Only the later model birds had that available, and even then I don't think it was universally installed.

06 M450LXi 3 slide

On my '93 the HWH leveling control pad had a switch to raise the coach temporarily. Never tried it so can't tell you how well it worked.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

That's great info, Forrest. Is the HWH a standard Newell system or special to your coach?

06 M450LXi 3 slide

Mine is 95 and has a master level switch to raise or lower the coach. If you do it in motion you have to listen to the warning chime

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Mine has the HWH leveling system. HWH system became a very common leveling system for Newell sometime in the mid 90s until the early 2000s. Has raise button on touchpad. Makes it easy to raise to go over obstacles like railroad tracks. On my system you don't have to hold it, but it shuts off at about 15 mph, unless you hold it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

My 1992 has the same HWH leveling system.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

My 2003 is also HWH and you can manually raise and lower each corner a little more than 4 inches

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

So it looks like anything after the mid 90's should have some raising ability, even though it's just temporary (which is all it should need to be). That's great info to know! I've had at least 2 instances of my "RV" gps taking me down roads where there were extreme elevation changes. Having the ability to gain a few inches would be a tremendous asset.

06 M450LXi 3 slide