You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Next Rally

Forest:
From what I saw in the hills around La Hacienda was lots of cacti with what looked like spikes sticking out.
No room for error or runoff. We need to ask around.

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

No spikes up here at 8555 ft. Beautiful ride today from the campground.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Kerville is better for riding but not as many places to go

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

[attachment=1410]         [attachment=1410]     Let have a rally in Ouray this weekend. Matt there now I am heading down from Breckenridge and I have a bunch of TN Hillbilly I have been ridding with here who have gone on to UT and are coming back through Ouray this weekend. Looking for Larry and James there soon. I have been riding with 5 RZRs and 3ATVs last wk. Temp highs have been 70 lows 50s. Co in my onion is the best place to be July & Aug. Pictures of Breckenridge and Vail Pass Areas.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

That is really beautiful Ron.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

hi gang, we should start trying to settle in on our next rally location and time.

i suggest summer again since some of our gurus still have kids in school.

lets start again a discussion on when and where. goal would be for a place that the largest number of us could attend.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Buckhorn in Kerrville, Texas ... Traverse Bay RV Resort in Traverse City, Mich..... Bay Harbor Signature resort in Petoskey, Mich..... To name a few good locations we have been to many times..

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Michigan is good for summer time, but booking a rally may be difficult in the summer at the nicer resorts. Texas is good in spring & fall.

Here is another nice place that would be a great place to hold a rally. Beautiful facility. Great weather May & June and September/October. Hot in the summer, but you're right on the Table Rock Lake. Matt, Ron Skeen, Forest & Cindy and myself have stayed at this park.
http://www.ozarksrvresortontablerocklake.com/

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I like Petosky and Table Rock. I have a great deal,of family South of Petosky. It is gorgeous up there with plenty to do. This summer we stayed on Table Rock for a week. That is also beautiful with really nice people. The flies were a little much when we were there, but I don't know if that is usual for that area.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Summer is NOT a good time for a rally in Texas. Our temperatures are still triple digit with reasonably high humidity. If you are interested in Fall or Spring, I can work with either La Hacienda in Austin or Buckhorn Lake in Kerrville. I would not recommend deep winter and summer for either of those.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com