You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Cellular shade broke

Ron those look great. Since the front windows are already wired it would be fairly easy to put electric. Where did you buy your black out cellular? Chappell

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

I don't remember and my 96 is at home with all the paper work and I am in the 04. I will try to look up on the net and see if anything jog my memory. I order and install in 2008 or 09.

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

Chappell, We did all windows including front. Was +/-450 per window installed at Newell. We got manual shades as it would have been BIG bucks to run electric.

Yea, I ask John about shades and he tried to sell me an 08. I guess he figured it would be cheaper. Chappell

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Well I finally found the cord string I needed for my cellular shades. 0.9mm to be exact.
We went to Calgary to get Tom's new fridge and found a blind repair shop who had just what I needed. So Cindy with the help of Darlene & Elaine got to work. I pulled off the fabric covered surround and left them to their devices. They did a wonderful job and my shade now works great.
Thank you ladies for your wonderful help!

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Guys,

Does anyone know if the electric shades are 12V? I know that Hunter Douglas made my shades but they got mildewed and nasty at some point....would like to replace. I have 12V on the switch...but I am confused by what I see on the back of the switch. I guess I was looking for two wires (connected when switch was momentary ON)..but there are four wires. Am I over-thinking it?

[EDIT] Ok, I get the four wires now....The switch has an UP AND a DOWN. But the 12V question remains.
Thanks!

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Should be 12vdc for sure....

Jimmy

12v and about $1400 each for the Salon & Bedroom windows

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard