You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

amana fridge replacement

No red locks on mine chester

Rolleyes Ashley Pardue Coach 589

Ashley, Mine doesn't have red locks but the locks are different than the rest of the windows. Locks are at the bottom of the window rather than in between. Mine is the window behind the sofa. First window on left behind the driver. Chappell

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Mine handles are all the same in middle

Ashley, You really need to know which window opens all the way in case of an emergency. I'm sure you have one because all MH I've owned had one. Go outside and look at the top of the windows and one should have hinges across the top and that will be the one. Chappell

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

No E Exit on our '82! I'm sure that we could figure how to get out though, something large through the window would create an exit, a little cleanup and out we go....much more worried about the drop!

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

We have replaced our Amana with Kitchen Aid , we found this one and Bosch will our 2001 there are not many high quality Counter depth Fridges out there!
Putting and taking it out was snap since we have straight stairs, when I put new one in I covered top of it with blankets , case fridge was super close to hit the leather selling.
Our Amana had cool door lock worked electronically from the switchboard.
I did just lowered wheels and locked them so it was tight against top of the coach's framework, I also build in metal brackets at teh bottom of the fridge ( near the wheels ) to black and stop from flying out.

Thsi Fridge is superb quality! sidec by side style with lots of room, super efficient and quiet ! ( Noise is the biggest problem with Fridges in RV while quiet time your compressor kicks in! )

Happy Travels.
Les

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Fulltime on the road hub base in Montana

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
security system 2 Rhodesians Ridgebacks (Basha & M'Kala)
Nissan Exterra 2007
Co-Motion "Robusta" tandem
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

Tom, Good luck on your frig repair or replacement. You seem to have a great group of help there with you. Will keep up with progress. Sorry I can't been more help, Chappell

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

We spent the day replacing relays, capacitors, etc., and Tom finally came to the conclusion it is the compressor, so without too much trouble we got it out the door and into the bed of Forest's pickup. Had to take the doors off, and remove some of the panels around the air door mechanism. Took four guys to do it, but it was not too hard. The platform Jim Ellis built for Tom worked perfectly....thank you Jim!

Now to find a new fridge.....Tom is on the phone right now. With all the flooding and damage to homes in the Calgary area new fridges the correct size are in short supply.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

no hinges chappell

well, we finished the fridge installation today. got luck and there was one fridge in western canada that fit. a kitchenaid side by side.

we had to add length to the plaform it sits on and make new wood braces on the top that the fridge shims up against. i took out the solenoid that locks the door because it wouldnt work with the new fridge. this fridge has a exposed door handles so we will just velcro them together when we travel. not as elegant as the solenoid, but only thing we can do.

it took us much longer than we expected, but it is a first rate job. mannn those fridges are expensive.

i have a bunch of pictures i will post later on it. i was concerned about getting the old fridge out and the new one in the coach with the air door and spiral staircase, but it wasnt bad with 5 of us. had to take off the threshold and the side trim for the air door and there was probably an inch on each side when lifting the fridge in and out. had to take the doors and hinges off to do it.

many thanks to clarke and forest. they are gentlemen, scholars and all around good buddies.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH