You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Hot water & black debris

I am going to do this in the next couple of days....I have already installed new filters and am not sure what to do about them but here goes....(feel free to critique / enhance).

1. Empty the fresh water and black/grey water tanks.
2. Pour 3 gallons of Regular bleach into home depot bucket. (not the non-splash kind). Add enough water to fill bucket.
3. Use a small electric pump to pump bleach into coach using the normal (pressure regulated) fresh water port.
3.1 If you can, use your white water hose to add the water to the coach....you want to bleach it too!
4. Fill the fresh water tank all the way to the top.
5. Open each faucet (hot and cold) until you can smell the bleach. (turn off faucet). (Don't forget the outside faucets)
5.1 Flush the toilet several times.
5.2 Run the dishwasher.
6. Dump all the ice from the freezer and set to make a new batch.
7. Wait 5 hours.

At this point you have super-chlorinated water in the entire water system. Waiting will give it time to kill all the bad things.

8. Open all the faucets so that the chlorinated water goes into the black/grey tank. Run the tank dry.
9. When the fresh water tank is empty....fill it up again with fresh water.
10. Run the fresh water through all the faucets until the chlorine smell is gone...and then a little longer.
10.1 Dump Ice, and dump second batch too.
11. Dump the black / grey tank. (Don't let the chlorine water stay in the system too long).
12. Replace filters.

That is the process I am going to follow.
Since I have new filters (drinking, refrigerator, and sediment) ...I am debating taking taking them out before doing the chlorine thing. The sediment filter is cheap and easily available so I will replace it.

Any thoughts?
bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Messages In This Thread
Hot water & black debris - by pjhorton - 07-13-2013, 10:36 AM
RE: Hot water & black debris - by Richard - 07-13-2013, 11:28 AM
RE: Hot water & black debris - by lbrachfe - 07-13-2013, 01:18 PM
RE: Hot water & black debris - by Land Yacht - 02-27-2017, 08:03 PM
RE: Hot water & black debris - by bikestuff - 02-27-2017, 08:13 AM
RE: Hot water & black debris - by bikestuff - 02-28-2017, 06:32 AM
RE: Hot water & black debris - by folivier - 02-28-2017, 07:38 AM