You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Hot water & black debris

My water system has been a problem since I purchased the coach. The main symptom has been low water pressure. I have had some debris in the system, and Newell told me when I was in there a week after purchasing the coach, my AquaHot was clogged with hard water scaling. I don't think I believe that now that I have learned more, but open to ideas. I did start using a water softener.

My 120v water pump finally gave out and I replaced it 3 weeks ago. Still not great water pressure, but several things happened at the same time that lead me to incorrect conclusions I think. As I installed my pump. I filled my tank from the Shore water inlet, which fills my tank from the bottom up, whereas the normal fill is from the top of the tank. At first, I thought that stirred up sediment on the bottom of my tank. I now wonder if I did not get a load of sand from the RV park because they shut off my water looking for a water leak in their system. I did not think much of it at the time, but I have been fighting extreme sediment for weeks. The largest quantity is on the hot side. Last week I got several ounces of sand out of hot side of the kitchen sink. Tonight, the same out of the hot side of the washer. 

Today, I replaced the sediment filter but that did little to help the water pressure. BTW, my sediment filter is AFTER the pump, unlike Bill's coach which is before the pump.

I removed the cold side line from the manifold for the kitchen sink. I attached a short hose just to point water away from the bay, and opened the valve to see how much water pressure was there. The pressure was very high, and sent a stream of water an easy 25'. Thus, the new pump has the pressure but I am not getting that kind of pressure at the kitchen sink. I followed the lines and it appears to be a straight shot from the manifold to the kitchen faucet. I have cleaned the Grohe faucet handle a million times. It must be clogged before the sprayer.  Tomorrow, I am going to dismantle the lines under the kitchen sink as well as at the manifold, and try to clear the lines for the kitchen sink, then proceed to each device. I messed with the bathroom sink and now I have awesome pressure.

Any suggestions or previous experience to share?
Thanks
Mike

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

Messages In This Thread
Hot water & black debris - by pjhorton - 07-13-2013, 10:36 AM
RE: Hot water & black debris - by Richard - 07-13-2013, 11:28 AM
RE: Hot water & black debris - by lbrachfe - 07-13-2013, 01:18 PM
RE: Hot water & black debris - by Land Yacht - 02-27-2017, 08:03 PM
RE: Hot water & black debris - by bikestuff - 02-27-2017, 08:13 AM