You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

front windshield

where is matt when ya need him?

i had a chip in my drivers side windshield so got it replaced today. they said it was a common windshield. the cost of the window itself was $341.

i dont know how much the installation was. the window center rubber piece that seals the window in had shrunk so they are going to order a new one that goes all the way around.

not a fun time to be changing windshields. it was in direct sun and it was 112 degrees today.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I had to replace my drivers side this summer and found someone up here in northern NH that came to me with the windshield (25 miles one way) took them about 20 minutes. Total price was $210. Last time I had it replaced at Newell for almost $500.

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
25 ft Haulmark car hauler with Andersen Anti sway
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Had Cindy's side replaced for $0, yes free, thanks to Blue Sky Insurance.
Matt's son did it and did a great job too. And only took a few days to come in.
I caught a chip a couple years ago and before I could stop for the day it started spreading.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Thanks for the Kind remarks about my son, he is a Champ. However nothing is FREE. I also think Brads windshield is a different part than your, mine and Toms. Pricing is crazy because most insurance companies will take bottom line discounts. So the price you sign for may not reflect the actual price they pay. Just keep a reasonable deductible and move-on. $50-500 not much different in premium cost, check it out. Just one windshield per year will more than offset that cost.

See All You Can!
Before Its Gone!Big Grin

In Florida all insurers are required to cover windshield chips and replacements at $0 cost and no deductible. It's a State Law. We have replaced 5 windshields in the past 7 years and all cost us nothing except the time. One of the benefits besides Winter sunshine we recieve living and registering our vehicles there.

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

yea, similar thing in arizona.

it didnt cost me anything.

tom

Hi Gurus,

Brad said earlier in this thread he found someone to come to him and replace a windshield. I would like to find a company that would do that for me, but so far no luck. Are there others on the forum that have had their windshield replaced at the coach's location rather than at the glass shop?
Any national franchises that anyone recommends?

Thanks, Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

hi russ,

if you cant find someone like matt or his son, i have had good luck with this national chain. http://www.rvglasssolutions.com/video_li...ields.html

i just had my windshield replaced about a month ago and they were very good and did it in my driveway.

tom

Tom - Thanks - I am on it.

Forest had his done by Matthew and has even offered to let me park at his place if I want to drive 650 miles to get Matthew to do it. I will probably be kicking myself for not driving down, but that is a long way.

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

actually Matthew does have hook-ups at his shop...

See All You Can!
Before Its Gone!Big Grin