You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Curb-side dump?

A while I tried using the curb-side dump and it wouldn't work. I'll try again this morning but wondering if anyone knows where the fuse would be?
I looked in all the obvious places but didn't find one.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Did you check to see if the switch is plugged in? A couple of my friends have them on their coaches and unplugged them inside and out to prevent any accident from happening.

I tried but no way to reach the back of the switch. Should it pop out from the front?
I did use a jumper wire to activate the dump valve and it works. I grabbed power from the Aquahot 12volt source.
I'll try to find a 2-way momentary switch and install that in the compartment so I can use it whenever needed.
Afrench I guess you're right a previous owner may have unplugged the switch. But why go to the trouble of unplugging the switch on the dash when all you need to do is unplug the wires on the solenoid?

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Silly question but did you have the ignition on? I thought mine wasn't working until the mechanic at Newell checked it out and said it was working properly, then he asked that question. Of course I had not thought to do that.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Hmmm, not silly at all. Thinking about how it is designed to be used you are probably right. I'll try that later today.
Thanks!

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Been there too. Mine won't work unless ignition is on.

Now Matt may tell you that it should be wired exactly backwards from that to prevent unintended fertilization of highway medians

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Subaru Outback Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

or the making of motorcycle skip pads in the fast lane.

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

What say you Matt?

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

Not me! I would NEVER!

See All You Can!
Before Its Gone!Big Grin

My macerator pump discharge is on curbside, pointing backwards, and switch is on dash. Doesn't that mean it was intended to be used while driving at night?