You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Need sub. p/n for Koni Shock

I have a 1999 Newell, 45 ft. #516. It has Koni shocks on the front, p/n 90-1710SP3. Max. length (mm)19.7638, Min. length 13.4252. I would like to replace the two up front because of a noise I hear when I hit a bump. To me it sounds kind of like the rubber squeak of the old motor mounts of a flathead Ford. I haven't been able to find these or a replacement part. Does anyone have these on there RV or know where I can find a replacement for them? Thanks Gang,
Bob Standeford,

Bob & Peg Standeford
1999 Newell #516 Series 60 DD 2 Slides
2004 Saturn Wagon

If you have a front stabilizer bar the bushing (one each side) may need greased.

OK, what does a front stabilizer bar look like. I just had it serviced and it didn't help the sound. I did find them overseas at the plant that makes them, 2 weeks delivered by air for extra $25. They had 16 on hand. I will have them in a week or so, I'll let you know total price and if it stops the noise.

Bob & Peg Standeford
2004 Saturn Wagon

Bob,
Did the new shocks solve the noise problem?

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Hey Steve,
Yes the new shock fixed the problem, 1 was totally wore out. There is a number on the end of the box that reads 90 1710sp3, I think that must be the number. I had Cabin Diesel (918 783 5159) do the ordering and the work on my rig. I kept the old one that was still good, just in case I couldn't find a replacement. I hope this helps.

Bob & Peg Standeford
2004 Saturn Wagon

I have had work done at Cabin Diesel in northeast Oklahoma on the Will Rogers Turnpike at hwy 69 exit. Very knowledgeable people there, The Service Manager Trace is on top of his game, and the parts people are very helpful.
You will not be disappointed with them, they even have a RV park w/50amp