You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Smoke Alarm

I hear the annoying smoke alarm beep indicating that a new battery is needed - but do not know where the smoke alarm is located in our coach. Looked in the washer/dryer area - not there - anyone know where Newell places the smoke alarm??

PS: sorry if this post is a duplicate - first post did not post for some reason.

James and Carol Brooks,
formerly from Tulsa, OK
2008 Newell #1242
2012 Jeep Sahara
Sea Eagle Kayak

Try looking in the indirect lighting areas behind th valances. You might find it helpful to use a mirror to get a better look.

yes I have a smoke alarm behind my #3 room valance

yea, mine were behind the slide valence cover as well

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

You sure it's a smoke alarm ? I think you also have a CO monitor.. You also have Silverleaf alarms too.

My smoke alarms are also in the valance in both slides

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

We have smoke alarm in front valance, smoke alarm on bedroom ceiling & then keep a CO monitor on shelf by the bed. Not sure if both smoke alarms were factory. The CO is one we got at Home Depot.

Thanks to all, I will check the valances.

James and Carol Brooks,
formerly from Tulsa, OK
2008 Newell #1242
2012 Jeep Sahara
Sea Eagle Kayak

Yippee, I found three, of course they're not beeping now - all 3 are together in the valance above the head of the bed - strange that they are all in one place. Not sure if they are wired or just laying there but now that I know where they are I can put new batteries in them. Thanks again. Carol

James and Carol Brooks,
formerly from Tulsa, OK
2008 Newell #1242
2012 Jeep Sahara
Sea Eagle Kayak

mine were just laying there. but you have a much newer coach so it may have some other way of doing it. when you find out for sure, please let us know.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I replaced all of ours right after we bought the '82.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch