You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Rear a/c operation

Just purchased 1997 Newell no slides love it. On my 2500 mile ride home passing thru Ok City 97 degree weather my rear air couldn't keep up. Tripped breaker I reset it, then ran for a while tripped again. Reset breaker after a while nothing ran. Hours later at 2 AM when cooler outside my unit began to run and cooled coach and is running properly at 3:30 AM. What happened?

We have had same thing on our '92 when it gets over 108 outside. I seem to get better run times if i leave the doors open to the breaker box & cabinet that it is in when temps are over the 105-108 mark. Also, running all 3 seem to help keep the rear ac from over working trying to cool the whole coach with just the rear unit. The rear unit is the only one that ever pops the breaker. Not 100% sure if I have a weak breaker or possibly a problem with AC compressor or capacitor. Leaving the doors open seems to be the easiest fix for the only once in a while (so far) problem.

Thanks found return air filters under steps dirty dirty dirty going to replace these and see what happens.

I found only 10 amp breakers in the control panel for the A/C units. Changed to 20 amp which is the correct size.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Great I'll check that also Thanks